Author Topic: Canby OR New Year weekend trial  (Read 903 times)

TSacks

• Trial Secretary
Canby OR New Year weekend trial
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Thank you to all our judges who made the 4 day Canby trial so much fun!!

Lots of great food for the potluck too!

The weekend was extra special for me since Tuesday was NATCH Day for both my dogs.
NATCH 6 Indy and NATCH 7 Jake!!!
So thankfull to still be having such fun times with both of my 4 legged kids.

We will definitely miss the Canby trials and really appreciate the efforts of all the judges who put in so much of their time and efforts this last year to host the funraisers!

Tanya Sacks (and Joe too!)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:23:31 AM by TSacks »
Tanya Sacks

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Re: Canby OR New Year weekend trial
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »
We had a great 4 days of trialing.  Lots of spectacular runs on some great courses.  Thanks to our judges, Arlene, Stefan and Traci, you are an awesome Team.
We ended 2012 with Sylvia Moor and Parker earning a Versatility NATCH and we started the new year with Tanya Sacks and Indy earning NATCH 6 on the first run of the day!

Thanks to everyone who joined us for our New Year's Eve (day) potluck.  We had a wonderful assortment, including some Scandanavian delights home made by Stefan and Alecia Elvstad, real mashed potatoes including garlic mashed, stuffing, gravy, on and on and on.
We also had the first turkey I've ever cooked in my life!  By Tues. before the trial, I had worked my way into a panic and  had decided I would rather face a 50 lb. aggressive dog than a 21 lb. frozen turkey!!   But, with the help of Al Ceranko, Sue Hanna and Sharon Nelson, I got the thing defrosted AND cooked in time for the potluck!

Along with the potluck we enjoyed some EGC and a made-up-at-New-Years-in-Calera-OK-last-year game.  There were 4 "tacky" Canby Oregon trophies on the line for the 4 categories, which were.  1) Teenie-Weenie (8 & 12" dogs), 2) ABC (any dog but a border collie), 3) Border Collies (any breed could enter) 4) Extreme Dogs (any breed).
And the winners were:
Teenie-Weenie = Cindy Cordray and her 14 yr. young Beagle Ritzy
ABC = Sue Hanna and her Labrador Sandy
Border Collie = Tanya Sacks and her wonderful Indy
Extreme Dogs = Stefan Elvstad and his speed demon Mirah

If I can get some help, we'll post pictures of the proud winners and their "trophies".

Thank you all for joining us.  Your cheerfulness, good sportsmanship and support is appreciated!

Becky
Becky Woodruff

patriciaweinkauf

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »
Becky,

We had a great time too on the two days we were able to attend. Thank you, along with Arlene, Traci and Stephen too, and let's not forget all the volunteers and Alecia who scribed run after run.

See you again this weekend,

Pat and FABULOUS FALLON who says, "thanks for the yummy turkey".

ykozuki

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
Sadly we missed this fun event. After coming back from a trial of a different venue on Sunday, I went for sopping for fresh fish and cooked a lot of assortment of real sushi and teriyaki salmon. ...then next morning we overslept. My chihuahuas were snoring until 8 AM too, so it was too late for driving down to Canby.

Well...we will be there this weekend and I am determined to cook something too. See you all.

Chi boys and Yoriko

Yoriko Kozuki

TheQuestKnight

• I'm a Marxist: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Congratulations to everyone that had FUN and earned recognitions at the Canby New Year's FUNRaiser . . . and especially to my buddy, Becky, who found the confidence to face up to . . . and to conquer . . . her cooking fears and challenge!!! 

Personally, I couldn't be prouder of Becky!!!

Hugs & wags,

Al, Pellinore and the whole of Castle Camelot in OH
Castle Camelot: Al, Barb, Dred, Gael & Pellinore . . . and from The Bridge Grill & Pub,  Kali, Flurry, Promise, Chico, Romulus, Trix and Tony.

Cindy

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
Congratulations to everyone that had FUN and earned recognitions at the Canby New Year's FUNRaiser . . . and especially to my buddy, Becky, who found the confidence to face up to . . . and to conquer . . . her cooking fears and challenge!!! 

Personally, I couldn't be prouder of Becky!!!

Hugs & wags,

Al, Pellinore and the whole of Castle Camelot in OH

And I, for one, was honored to be in the group that benefitted from her first turkey!  I'd happily come back for a second one!

Cindy and the Beagles

Kathy Phelan

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
I wanna move to Oregon!!!
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Cindy

• 2016 Online Seminar Group