Author Topic: Title/Award breakdown  (Read 5112 times)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Re: Title/Award breakdown
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
Chris:

I tried it, but the values remain "No" except for Novice, Open & Elite Versatility.  Even the values for the titles required to earn the Versatility Awards.

Rose

This is happening on mine as well.  The reason seems to be that the formula for those columns is referring to Column D which is the Class column.  It looks to me like the formula should be referencing Column F instead, as column F is the Title column.

Also, Chris, you said to paste your stuff into Column K - which I did.  But that then replaced the DRI #s which were in Column K.  (Not that it mattered for my dog because we don't have any DRI numbers to write home about  ..  lol)

Has anyone else had this work correctly?  Where it referenced to Column D and that was correct?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

TSacks

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
Only problem I had was using another dogs # when pulling up points the first time!  At first I thought, this didn't work right, but then realized what I did!!

Once I used the right #'s, I got the right results and both my dogs are in Elite with lots of titles etc.
I just followed Chris's instructions.

Thanks Chris!!

Tanya, Jake & Indy
Tanya Sacks

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »
Chris:

I tried it, but the values remain "No" except for Novice, Open & Elite Versatility.  Even the values for the titles required to earn the Versatility Awards.

Rose

Let me know which dog it's for and I will give it a shot and see what's happening :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Chris:

Rose

This is happening on mine as well.  The reason seems to be that the formula for those columns is referring to Column D which is the Class column.  It looks to me like the formula should be referencing Column F instead, as column F is the Title column.

Also, Chris, you said to paste your stuff into Column K - which I did.  But that then replaced the DRI #s which were in Column K.  (Not that it mattered for my dog because we don't have any DRI numbers to write home about  ..  lol)

Has anyone else had this work correctly?  Where it referenced to Column D and that was correct?

Column D is the Title column ;)  Column F is the DRI column.   I am not sure how you are getting those. 

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Another update.

I also forgot to add in a column for lifetime points.   That is now rectified.

I will attach it here and also fix it back on the original attachment

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
[

Column D is the Title column ;)  Column F is the DRI column.   I am not sure how you are getting those.
[/quote]

On the points excel file that i download and opened on my Mac, here's what i get:
Column A - registration #
Column B - Call name
C - points
D - class
E - total points
F - title
G - Platinum
H - Silver
I - Date earned
J - Host Club
K - DRI

I can always modify the column names in the formulas and get it to work.  Just not sure why my columns are different than yours.
===============

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
Marcy,

Are you downloading your points from the Member section?

If so that is the problem.

I made it to work off the older style page since that is still what the majority of people use:  http://www.nadacforum.com/Points.php

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

[/quote]

I figured it out.  I was downloading points from the Members Section rather than the Points section.  ;D

===============

Rose

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »
I was also downloading points from the Members Section.  Downloaded it from points and it works.  TX

Rose
Rose Kirwan

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »
Very cool!  I don't know how to do any of this, and you made it simple enough that I followed your instructions and it even worked for me!  And now to show my complete ignorance, do you have to follow that procedure any time points are updated or is there a way to update what we just did?  And if it's too much trouble to explain, don't worry about it...I can just check on here.

Thanks, Chris!
Lee Anne

LJKing

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »
Hi Chris, thanks for doing this! I tried it but got nowhere...probably because I don't know how to use Excel. When I pasted your file into my dog's point file in Excel (starting with the K column), all I got was your file pasted on the side of the dog's file. It didn't compute anything.

Do you have an idea what I'm doing wrong? As I said, I don't use Excel except to sum.

Thanks again!
Lynda King

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
Very cool!  I don't know how to do any of this, and you made it simple enough that I followed your instructions and it even worked for me!  And now to show my complete ignorance, do you have to follow that procedure any time points are updated or is there a way to update what we just did?  And if it's too much trouble to explain, don't worry about it...I can just check on here.

Thanks, Chris!

It will have to be redone for each upload.

Someday I plan on getting a program built that will keep track of everything automatically right from the website.  But that will be a long way off

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
Hi Chris, thanks for doing this! I tried it but got nowhere...probably because I don't know how to use Excel. When I pasted your file into my dog's point file in Excel (starting with the K column), all I got was your file pasted on the side of the dog's file. It didn't compute anything.

Do you have an idea what I'm doing wrong? As I said, I don't use Excel except to sum.

Thanks again!

Go ahead and let me know for which dog and I will give it a shot and see whats happening :)

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »

Thanks, Chris!

It will have to be redone for each upload.

Someday I plan on getting a program built that will keep track of everything automatically right from the website.  But that will be a long way off

Okay...thanks!
Lee Anne

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
The first time I tried the copy and paste on my Mac, it didn't work.  But I remembered reading to try saving the cvs file as an xls instead of an xlsx.  So I did, and when I pasted into the cvs.xls file the second time, VOILA!!!!  Ryder had titles filled in.  It worked great that way.   ;D
Shirley
Shirley Wallace