Author Topic: Video of Sinco's EGC World Games Run  (Read 1939 times)

mnagilk9s

• Trial Secretary
Video of Sinco's EGC World Games Run
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:55 AM »
Hi all,

Unbeknownst to me my video of Sinco's EGC Combo run from 2011 has been posted on many pages on Facebook and who knows where else.   This was done without my permission.  That video was posted because I am very proud of that run and I wanted to educate my students and others about EGC.  It saddens me to see that people would take someone's video of an accomplishment without their consent and then use it as a basis to start rants against the organization that sponsored the event.  It is fine to have your opinions but do not use someone's video of an accomplishment without their consent as the basis for the complaints.

I could pull the video down but why should I have to remove my accomplishments?  I posted an additional note in the description about how I feel about people using it in this way.  If you want to watch it here is the link:

I have to say it is yet another reason why I find Facebook and YouTube very annoying places to go.

Annelise Allan and Sinco
Annelise Allan

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Video of Sinco's EGC World Games Run
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
Hey, Annelise, LOTS of people are loving your video!  We know how great that run was!  And because of some very negative people trying to bash it..... we now have inquiries from Germany, the UK and Holland about adding EGC to their agility programs!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Patty LeRoy

• Judge
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
Wow Annelise - beautiful teamwork!!
Patty LeRoy
Alberta, Canada

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
If people have EGC videos, post them to YouTube, we can educate them!!

Here is a video of Busi's finals run.

And here is Triple doing Novice Extreme Hoopers!  WOOHOO, fast and fun!!

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »
That was an awesome run!  I don't understand why people would use a video of a great run to make negative remarks about something they don't ever have to enter.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:15:37 PM by Rebecca Kriz »
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
Annelise unfortunately there will always be small minded and not so nice people who feel the need to criticise that which they are afraid of, don't understand or can't achieve themselves.

Feel sorry for them must be icky to live in such a bitter world.

Celebrate your achievements and stand proud.  The video should stay up and you should be proud of the teamwork between you and Sinco.  For every negative comment I am sure there must be many, many positives.

In a weird way I am glad there was some negativity because otherwise you wouldn't have posted the video here in response and yay you did because I got to watch it and enjoyed it very much !!!!!
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Phyllis Sanders

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
I really enjoy watching the EGC videos.  Thanks for posting them.  Some day I plan to try EGC again.

Phyllis Sanders
Phyllis Sanders

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
I forgot to say that unless you've tried EGC you have no idea of how difficult it is.  I started entering EGC because I could see the potential to help me with handling my fast, young Border Collie.  There is absolutely nothing to slow your dog down and timing and body position become extremely important. 

Gina Pizzo

Cindy Conner

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »
EGC is a blast and challenges your handling skills. Here are four EGC videos of Clover and I from 2012 EGC Pre-champs in South Jordan, Utah:

Clover and Cindy EGC Finals 2012 10.3.12

With this run, Clover finished in second place in the Novice division in the World EGC Challenge at the 2012 NADAC Championships in South Jordan, Utah

Clover and Cindy Novice EGC Hoopers NADAC Pre-Champs 10.2.12

Clover took 4th place and scored 101.89 points.

Clover and Cindy Novice EGC Gaters NADAC Pre-Champs 2012

Clean run earning 99.26 points.

Clover and Cindy Novice Barrelers 2012 EGC NADAC Pre-Champs

Clover and I earned a first place with this run.
Cindy Conner
Clover, Tansy and Torrey

mnagilk9s

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
Wow I am overwhelmed at how much positive is coming from all of this! Just goes to show you that we all need to stand up and speak out when any kind of bullying is happening and make it a positive!  My only intent was to raise awareness and try to stop the use of other people's property.  I am so excited about all of this.

I only hope this enthusiasm now spreads here in the midwest.. still waiting on that front!

Annelise and Sinco who always barks with joy!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Annelise Allan

Bev Lewis

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
Annalise, I am sorry that the mean spirit of some flowed back to you when you were merely sharing a moment of joy with your dog with your friends.  Now that the lemons have turned into lemonade and taken a new direction, simply smile to yourself when you post the next one and wonder how many will take your example back to their own yards and see how smoothly they can do it! :)   You will never know where the seeds you have planted will sprout some day!
Enjoy.
Bev Lewis
Sacramento, CA

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
Wow I am overwhelmed at how much positive is coming from all of this! Just goes to show you that we all need to stand up and speak out when any kind of bullying is happening and make it a positive!  My only intent was to raise awareness and try to stop the use of other people's property.  I am so excited about all of this.

I only hope this enthusiasm now spreads here in the midwest.. still waiting on that front!

Annelise and Sinco who always barks with joy!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure "where" mine is going.. but Busi's run has gone from 192 views to over 3400 in the past three days..... so they might be flaming mine somewhere also!!  And I so don''t care..... if people can't enjoy dogs and people working together just because they don't do it or "can't" do it..... then they are the ones I feel bad for........

So, Annelise, we have gone viral with our EGC runs!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing the fun runs!!  I have tried searching on youtube but not that successfully.  Seemed like I got duplicates of run <sigh>.  Anyway, enjoyed all of these.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Wild Terriers

Video of Sinco's EGC World Games Run
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
I love it - EGC runs gone viral - PERFECT!!!!!!!

Go EGC!!!!

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:49 PM »
I love it - EGC runs gone viral - PERFECT!!!!!!!

Go EGC!!!!

Karen

I think Annelise's is over 2,000 now, Busi is at 3,500 and Amanda's has hit 2,000...!!  Lot's of people watching EGC!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility