Author Topic: Top Ten lists  (Read 1122 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Top Ten lists
« on: February 04, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »
I will be uploading the 2012 Top Ten lists in parts during the day.  Once I am totally done, I will upload the entire file.

Starting this year, we will go to a Top Twenty for the breeds that have more than 400 dogs in their group.  For this year that will be Australian Shepherds, Border Collies and Shelties.  All other breeds will list the top ten.

A reminder............ in order for a dog to be listed they must have a minimum of 30 points at the ELITE level in a class to be listed as the top representative of their breeds for that class.

Congratulations to everyone!!  We had over 5,800 eligible listings!!!  That number will be greatly reduced as only the top ten make the list, but congrats to all that met the listing criteria of 30 points in Elite for their class!!!

The listing will be under the board called "Titles, Awards and Top Ten"... not here under General.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rsquared

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • Scooter's Mom
Re: Top Ten lists
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »
I like seeing a Top 20 list for those breeds that have such large numbers in NADAC.  Good idea!
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
Is there a list of how many dogs are regestired by breed.l?
I just nerd to know how proud I should be that we made top. Ten
It not the dogs fault stupid!

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »
IMHO, ANYONE who makes it to the top 10 lists in NADAC has bragging rights and ought to be very proud of themselves and their dog!  If you are in a breed group that has hundreds competing in NADAC and you end up in the top 20, that is a "wow" accomplishment!!!  If you are in a group that has a lot fewer representatives .... that may just indicate (among other things) how difficult it is to compete successfully at the Elite level in NADAC with that particular breed ....   and think of how much more you have accomplished with your dog than all of those people who live with their dogs and never train them to do agility at all!

A huge accomplishment, no matter how you got there!  :)
Jean & Tux
Montana

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
What a neat surprise to have made it in the Top 20 for Tunnelers with my Aussie, Penny!  And yes, I bragged it all over!  Thanks!
-Heidi and Penny in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
What a stunning list of accomplishments! I've been looking through a few "breed" lists/day, and am so impressed at the wide variety of breeds people compete with in NADAC! Being the only representative of a breed is amazing, and speaks volumes for that teams abilities. It has been wonderful seeing the dogs who are older/ challenged in some way making it to the top of the lists with a lot of competition - You and your humans are amazing and inspiring! And how wonderful that there are double digit dogs at the top of some very competitive groups - NADAC allows us to successfully compete for many years with our partners, with so many options - Love it!!

Thanks, Sharon, for compiling these lists so we can admire the accomplishments of NADAC around the world.

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Wild Terriers

Top Ten lists
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »
Jean - you always make me smile!!!!  And, you are so right!

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Cindy

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
IMHO, ANYONE who makes it to the top 10 lists in NADAC has bragging rights and ought to be very proud of themselves and their dog!  If you are in a breed group that has hundreds competing in NADAC and you end up in the top 20, that is a "wow" accomplishment!!!  If you are in a group that has a lot fewer representatives .... that may just indicate (among other things) how difficult it is to compete successfully at the Elite level in NADAC with that particular breed ....   and think of how much more you have accomplished with your dog than all of those people who live with their dogs and never train them to do agility at all!

A huge accomplishment, no matter how you got there!  :)

Perfectly said Jean!
Cindy and the Beagles