Author Topic: hotel champs Springfield ilq  (Read 846 times)

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
hotel champs Springfield ilq
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
Regarding hotels for champs: HOTELS in Springfield IL

heard from a few people that Howard Johnson was not good...smelly, not clean...

so checked out a few others while i was there over Xmas.

East Side Hotels
Super 8. Dirksen parkway Springfield  $10 pet fee nice rooms.  Microwave in most rooms will work with blocking rooms.  Not much room walk dog right out door there is a little grass shrubs but right by busy road. However, it is just down road by red roof inn and  really  nice big field

Red roof.  Ok.    Nice place walk dogs but not extremely clean and old.  I don't think I would even stay here.

Stay bridge suites. Expensive but nice

Best western  20 pet fee 2 dogs
Nice 

West side
Comfort suites. Has nice grass did not go in
Hilton garden has grass

I didn't get a chance to check out any more hotels.
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Re: hotel champs Springfield ilq
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
We stayed at the Baymont and while their pet fee is a bit high, the room rates are reasonable.  They have a fridge and microwave in every room and a really nice breakfast.  There is not a ton of room to walk the dogs, but it is adequate.  It is about 15-20 minutes from the site.  Easy access to the  highway. 

Drury Inn is another option.  I called them and they are a expensive, but no dog fee.  They also have fridge in each room and breakfast.  They are newly remodeled.  I haven't been by here, but did call them for the information.  They are 1 exit N of the Baymont and that is where most of the dining is.

Motel 6 is bare basics but is cheap and clean.  No dog fee.  Be aware that they no longer have carpet so the floors are a bit cold, and noisy if your dogs walk around.  They also do not have free wi-fi or breakfast.  I have stayed here going to Lisa's seminars and for 1 night I paid less than $50.00 including tax.  You can get a fridge for about $3.00/night but they are limited.  I don't remember the amount of grass they had to walk.  I am sure it was OK but not extensive.  It is in the same basic area as Baymont.

Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso