Author Topic: Types of barrels  (Read 2662 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Types of barrels
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
Here is a video of the different types of barrels that could be used for training and trials.

For those on the online seminar group, it is hilarious to see Glee in the background totally trashing Sketcher's toys!!  It wasn't until I watched it later that you see her in Sketcher's pen, burying all of the toys, rubbing her bottom in the pen and destroying little Sketchers bedding!!  It was hilarious, as none of those behaviors are the typical "Glee".... fun to watch her "do her thing" in little Sketcher's pen.

If anyone finds the composting barrels for less than $39.99, let me know!  I love them!  They are already cheaper than the Seventeenflat barrels, but I would love to find them for even less!  They are Fiskar's composting barrels.

Sharon

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Re: Types of barrels
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
This was really interesting to see.  I currently have some pop-up barrels that I train with that are pretty small but functional.  I am going to look into the composting barrels though too!
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

AndreaL

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »
We've been using a 55-gallon plastic drum to practice with.  Are these not legal for trials?
Andrea Lengi
Brie, Pye-Dog, and Audie

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »
We've been using a 55-gallon plastic drum to practice with.  Are these not legal for trials?

They should be great!  I only covered the collapsible types.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
BTW, all of the 17 Flat barrel sets have been sold!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Anne Etherton

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 07:35:25 AM »
The Fiskar barrels are available online at Target for 39.99.

Anne
Anne

Linda

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Sharon, this was great, thanks!

For the composting barrels, rather than stake them (worried about the stakes coming up in various scenarios), would it be acceptable to put the lids on and use them upside down maybe with a tunnel bag inside for stability? I am looking forward to seeing them at trials!
Linda with
Con and Sawyer
At the bridge NATCH/VNATCH Pony

"The real joy is in the privilege and ability to step to the start line with your dog by your side, not in crossing the finish line victorious over others."

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »

For the composting barrels, rather than stake them (worried about the stakes coming up in various scenarios), would it be acceptable to put the lids on and use them upside down maybe with a tunnel bag inside for stability? I am looking forward to seeing them at trials!
Linda, the "top" isn't flat.... it is rounded a bit for the rain to run off........ so I think the barrel might "wobble" in the wind... but we will  test them!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »
Fiskars Composting Barrels are available on Amazon for 35.99, and qualify for free shipping.

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 02:00:18 AM »
Fiskars Composting Barrels are available on Amazon for 35.99, and qualify for free shipping.

Murrelet

And I just ordered them from Amazon for $39.99 with free shipping.............. I am sad!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
I just bought some yesterday for 39.98 with free shipping from Amazon.  And they are still $39.98 today....so you are lucky if you got them for 35.99!!!! 

Marj
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Anne Etherton

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »
I only see the 39.99 price at Amazon this morning.

Anne
Anne

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

Since these barrels are collapsible, you could probably move the tabs to the inside of the barrel and stake them from there.  This might still stake them in place but wouldn't have the stakes on the outside if you are concerned about that.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Bummer - I guess I should have ordered them yesterday. You know Amazon - there may have only been a few at that price. Hopefully a NADAC person got them!

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

MoabDiane

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
Cool compost barrels!  Just wondering....would it be possible to use something like a strong ribbon, or Velcro, to connect those stake tabs to each other (essentially making an X in the middle of the barrel), and using a tunnel bag inside to hold them down?
diane