Author Topic: VT trials vs Non-VT Trials  (Read 763 times)

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
VT trials vs Non-VT Trials
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:31 AM »
This question came up recently :

Is there a mileage rule in place when a club wants to hold a VT trial and there is another non-VT trial happening within the 300 mile rule?

just curious... want to be able to answer question locally if it comes up again..

thanks
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: VT trials vs Non-VT Trials
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
This question came up recently :

Is there a mileage rule in place when a club wants to hold a VT trial and there is another non-VT trial happening within the 300 mile rule?

just curious... want to be able to answer question locally if it comes up again..

thanks

Since VT runs are not a "trial" (with no premium, no trial application) they don't conflict at this time.  If they were to gain such popularity as to conflict (and it would be tough to know that, as they are not listed on the calendar of events) then we would address it at that time.

I can't imagine that anyone would hold VT runs that would intentionally take entries from a sanctioned trial.  And, as we all know, that 300 miles is a long ways between trials in most areas.   There are still some areas left where competitors travel more than 120 miles to a trial, but not many left!!  Agility has become a "local" sport/hobby for most, due the huge number of trial choices available.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Kathy Phelan

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Boy do I wish that were true for Dusty and me. Our closest trial venue is 130 miles away (3 trials per year), the rest of the time our drive is 6-10 hours. It's worth every minute though - except during the winter!!
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
thanks for the quick answer - if I am asked again, I know what to say ;)

Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:43:57 PM »
I am with Kathy Phelan!!  I wish NADAC trials were that close!!!!  Most of the time I am driving 7-8 hours to get to a NADAC trial!  Yes my club holds 3 trials a year, but if I am going to earn enough points to go to Champs I need to travel.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

A Jussero

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

My closest trial is 300 miles once/year, the rest of the time I have an 10-11 hour drive one way so may 6 trials/year if I'm lucky and we get 6 months of good weather.
Ann J.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:34:15 PM »

My closest trial is 300 miles once/year, the rest of the time I have an 10-11 hour drive one way so may 6 trials/year if I'm lucky and we get 6 months of good weather.

I'm with you!  I haven't done a trial and haven't seen equipment since the Champs!   Then I go to Utah, California, Montana and finally home (when the weather is good) to trial!  Traveling to trials is one of the fun parts for me!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility