Author Topic: Let's Rock Springfield, IL - 200 days till Champs week  (Read 871 times)

SpringCrew

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • NADAC Addict
Let's Rock Springfield, IL - 200 days till Champs week
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »
Do you love NADAC?  Do you enjoy watching others run agility?  Do you enjoy the social aspect of a trial?  If you say yes to any of these, I say come to Springfield, IL for 2013 NADAC Championships.  You are more than welcome to come even if you aren't competing.  This will be my fifth Championship and I have yet to run a dog at Champs or Pre-Champs.  However; you would be hard pressed to find anyone having more fun.

Here are a few things to consider:

NADAC
Sharon and the rest of the NADAC staff give so much.  Want to put a smile on their faces?  Let's fill the stands with a cheering hoard.  This an opportunity to show what NADAC has meant to you.  The days are long but the fun last longer.  Becky and I went to our first Champs in 2009 for many reasons.  We wanted to see what it was like, wanted to see the best of the best but just as important was to try and thank NADAC for being NADAC.  We have been blessed to be part of 2 annual fundraising trials, The Lance Memorial (Cancer) and the Toys for Tots Trials.  We thought by going to work we could repay, in some small way, NADAC for their extremely generous support of these trials.  It turned out to be one of the best vacations of my life.

Lots of great vendors
There are always a lot of vendors with many ways to spend your money.  There is stuff for you, stuff for your dog and great people to help you out.

State raffle
The State Raffle is a competition in and of itself.  Each state seems to try to have the biggest/best basket.  Basket is a bit of a misnomer.  The “basket” is everything from a tent to a kiddie pool. :o  There are tables and tables overflowing with great prizes.  What a great time trying to figure out what state basket you want most.  Normally it is more than one, so buy lots of raffle tickets.

Workers Raffle
Feel like helping out?  There is an excellent workers raffle.  Sure to cover at least a couple of tables.  A few words on volunteering.  Basically there are ring crew, box monitors and leash runners.  Most of the rest of the jobs are handled by judges or a select crew.  Ring crew is like a typical weekend trial, you set bars, tend tunnels and the like.  Box monitors monitor a “box” which is really just a curtained off location for people in line.  You move teams from one “box” to the next until it is their turn to run.  The leash runner job is normally several people.  You may take the leash and pass it off to another leash runner part way across or be the one to hand the leash upon completion of the run.  What is different from a weekend trial is that you don't work a class, you work a jump height or part of a jump height.  Of course that is a longer time than any class you work at most trials.  :)

Rescue Raffle
Yes there are 3 raffles!!  There is normally a few tables of raffle item that supports NADAC Rescue.  Many nice things that support a great cause.

SUPERSTAKES
Did you say distance???  Now if you have never been to Champs, all I can say is there is distance and then there is Superstakes.  Watching Superstakes is a blast.  You watch some of the best out there run a championship course and it can be amazing.  Then comes Superstakes running the SAME course with their dogs from a distance.  The courses a Championship are longer than any you see at a weekend trial and most of the time the handler is behind the start line from start to finish in Superstakes.  We even have a special cheer for them. :)

So come join the fun, be part of the cheering crowd, volunteer to help, buy some raffle ticket and just have a good time.  You can come for a day, come for the weekend, come for the whole week.  You can cheer on your friends, make new friends.  It starts early and ends late.  You get to choose what to see and when to take it easy.  So if you live close try to make if to show NADAC what it means to you.  If you live far come anyway.  I know not all share my enthusiasm for Champs and yes I am a lot crazy but you can have some fun if you want.  Yes, Lord willing, I will be there to run the NADAC flag, leading a few cheers and trying to put a smile on everyone’s face.

Tim Spring aka “The man in the purple hat”
Tim Spring
If you aren't having fun you're not playing NADAC!

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
Re: Let's Rock Springfield, IL - 200 days till Champs week
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:27:01 AM »
Tim - your post alone puts a smile on my face!  Your enthusiasm is unbridled and contaigious!!!

Thank you!
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »
I have to agree.  I took my dog to Champs in 2011 and had a blast!  We did well for us but it was so much more fun watching everyone else run, run in the team event and shop! 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

MoabDiane

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »
Oh, Tim!  Only the man in the purple hat with the "NADAC Rocks" flag would be counting down the days already!!
You about covered it all....except the incredible food vendor in Illinois.  It was so far beyond ANY fairground-type food, there was always a (short and fast moving) line to get those yummy meals!

We be rockin' all the way from Utah!

diane, Bracken (Champs boy) and Teasel (cheerleader)

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
Let's Rock Springfield, IL - 200 days till Champs week
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:11 AM »
And the best surface!!!!   Can't wait😄😄😄😄😄
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 06:50:38 AM »
Diane to be honest I am also counting the days until 2014 in South Jordan. ;D
Tim Spring
If you aren't having fun you're not playing NADAC!