Author Topic: Nadac USA vs. Nadac Australia  (Read 2485 times)

Lisa - CT

Re: Nadac USA vs. Nadac Australia
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Hello, after reading the comments from where it started, I think Mike is being misunderstood. Did he articulate his thoughts well? I would say no, but I do know that Mike and his wife very much love the sport of agility. Do they have goals? yes! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having goals. To say that he is in it solely for the NATCH is off base, even though the way he wrote it sounded like it. Again he does not articulate well. I would say about 97% of the competitors have goals. When I attend trials, I engage in and over hear peoples conversations about the latest title they earned or what they need to get the next title etc etc. So Mike is not a rare breed here. After all part of the fun is the success and the other part comes from the heart and the love of our dogs.

Also to "insinuate" that Mike does not volunteer at trials offends me. At the last New Years Eve trial in RI, I saw him work just about every class. I also see him work at other trials, so to make such comment is off base too. I know people who REFUSE to volunteer at some trials because club members were very rude. Keep in mind if you want workers, kindness goes a long way.

Thanks for listening

Lisa

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »
Hello, after reading the comments from where it started, I think Mike is being misunderstood. Did he articulate his thoughts well? I would say no, but I do know that Mike and his wife very much love the sport of agility. Do they have goals? yes! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having goals. To say that he is in it solely for the NATCH is off base, even though the way he wrote it sounded like it. Again he does not articulate well. I would say about 97% of the competitors have goals. When I attend trials, I engage in and over hear peoples conversations about the latest title they earned or what they need to get the next title etc etc. So Mike is not a rare breed here. After all part of the fun is the success and the other part comes from the heart and the love of our dogs.

Also to "insinuate" that Mike does not volunteer at trials offends me. At the last New Years Eve trial in RI, I saw him work just about every class. I also see him work at other trials, so to make such comment is off base too. I know people who REFUSE to volunteer at some trials because club members were very rude. Keep in mind if you want workers, kindness goes a long way.

Thanks for listening

Lisa

Thank you, Lisa.  I think many more feel the same as you.  Mike and his wife have been doing this sport for a long time and have always had a good time.

I am goal oriented also.... I do not feel a quick need for gratification, but I do expect to complete my goals or I need to re-evaluate my goals along the way!

I do think that Mike tried to ask a question and didn't quite word it the way that would be an inquiry as opposed to an accusation, which is how many took it.  I do not think that Mike was trying to be negative against any club or individual.  He would just like to see more trials where he could attend for one day instead of two days.  Many of us are feeling the need to make those financial decisions as the economy tightens!!

We need to let this go and let go and any negativity and move forward in a positive light that agility brings to us!

Hug your dogs and your family!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

VT-MIKE

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
Thank you Lisa & Sharon - the last two posting are - RIGHT ON.

Kind Regards,

MIKE

Roger Coor

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
  What is amazing in a good way is that classes at trials vary considerably both in what is offered for the weekend, what is offered for each day and the order of the classes at each trial.  Within certain limits, NADAC really does allow a lot of diveresity.  If anyone wants different classes and different order of classes for a given day at the trials attended, then speak up to the people in the club that make those choices.  Like all things, the more one helps with a trial, the more likely that person's voice will have some weight.