Author Topic: Inexpensive, Pop-up, MESH "Mini" Barrels  (Read 338 times)

TheQuestKnight

• I'm a Marxist: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo
Inexpensive, Pop-up, MESH "Mini" Barrels
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
For anyone interested in HOME USE, MESH training "mini" barrels, I found a nice, very lightweight, 16" diameter x 25" tall, spiral pop-up hamper at Walmart for $7.97 each, the kind of thing one would expect to see in a college dorm room . . . near the ironing board covers, lingerie washing bags and stuff.

The fabric is polyester and it has a solid fabric bottom, handles but no "cover" . . . the rings are "spring steel" . . . VERY lightweight; but a gallon jug of water is more than sufficient to hold them in place . . . a zipper bag of sand or pea gravel would work, too . . . just nothing "abrasive" since the fabric is thin . . . 

These are by NO means "heavy duty" . . . not even close; but for home training and homes with small yards or large living spaces for indoor "teaching", I think that these would be ideal.

For anyone wanting to expose their dogs to "solid" barrels or colored barrels, it would be SOOOOOoooooo easy to sew a "sleeve" to fit over the barrel that could be attached at the top with several clothes pins or something similar.

Our northeast Ohio Walmart just had the hampers in black, so I don't know if they come in any other colors.

Al & Pelli

Castle Camelot: Al, Barb, Dred, Gael & Pellinore . . . and from The Bridge Grill & Pub,  Kali, Flurry, Promise, Chico, Romulus, Trix and Tony.