Author Topic: K9 Cancer Fundraiser - join us....  (Read 402 times)

luvmyshelties

K9 Cancer Fundraiser - join us....
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

For the last 5 years we’ve been lucky to have a local K9 Cancer fundraising walk here in Elk Grove- California.  It’s a lovely event and a wonderful way for all of us to gather together and remember all our dogs we have lost to cancer and celebrate the ones who have won the battle against cancer.  Each year we team up to not only walk - but come together to raise funds for K9 Cancer research.  Cancer is a disease that touches many of us, that is why Morris Animal Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure.  An estimated 50 percent of all dogs will battle cancer.  It is the No. 1 cause of death in dogs over the age of 2.  We lost our Fritz after battling 3 different cancers.  So many of us have experienced this horrible disease and we need to have more help in fighting back.

I’m hoping this note will reach many of you with the same interest we have in finding K9 cancer solutions.  If you’d like to join our team with this fundraiser – we would love to have you.  We realize many of you do not live close to us – but we have a solution – join us by “virtually walking”.  Last year we had many dog lovers join us and with all the support we raised over $12,000 towards K9 Cancer research, and I hope we can do so again this year.  It’s easy to join us - I’m including a link below to the WAG team K9 Cancer page.  Click on the “Join Team” or Donate link and follow the steps and off we are to walk.

http://support.morrisanimalfoundation.org/site/TR/Events/General?team_id=6032&pg=team&fr_id=1330

Thanks everyone for your support and for those who are facing or have faced cancer with your dog – we are all with you!  What a great and generous group of folks dog people are - I’m so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people all the time.

Warm Regards,

Susan Rappillus
WAG, Inc. 

luvmyshelties

Re: K9 Cancer Fundraiser - join us....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has donated...please keep them coming - and please share this fundraising effort with all your dog loving friends.

Susan   :-*