Author Topic: How to list titles with dog's name?  (Read 822 times)

Merri

How to list titles with dog's name?
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »
In listing NADAC awards,
NATCH would go before a dog's name and others afterwards.... and OAC would replace NAC and so on.

But...
Would replace NCC, NJC, NAC, TG-N, TN-N, WV-N with "NADAC Novice Versatility Award" or list them individually so our dog would be OAC, NCC, NJC,  TG-N, TN-N, WV-N? 

Merri Crawford

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
Re: How to list titles with dog's name?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
I was just wondering this the other day!
Jessi Zamboni

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:32:01 PM »
Totally dependent on the person.

I personally like it when someone just lists Novice All Around, which means you obviously have all your superiors, rather than listing NAC, O-NAC, S-NAC blah blah blah.

It may look impressive to someone who doesn't understand what the titles are, but for me a Novice All Around is just as impressive as a three paragraph list of all the titles required to get it.  Which is long enough that I am not going to even bother writing it here :)

Obviously sometimes you haven't earned all the points to get a All Around or Versatility etc etc, then you may want to list the titles individually.   

Your call.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:29:17 AM »
Totally dependent on the person.

I personally like it when someone just lists Novice All Around, which means you obviously have all your superiors, rather than listing NAC, O-NAC, S-NAC blah blah blah.

It may look impressive to someone who doesn't understand what the titles are, but for me a Novice All Around is just as impressive as a three paragraph list of all the titles required to get it.  Which is long enough that I am not going to even bother writing it here :)

Obviously sometimes you haven't earned all the points to get a All Around or Versatility etc etc, then you may want to list the titles individually.   

Your call.

AND if you have several dogs, even if you only list the "big" titles, it can still be a pretty long list. 

Do people continue to list retired dog's titles?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!