Author Topic: Scientific information about canine vision and jumping that BLEW MY MIND!  (Read 534 times)

tag team

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
I recently wrote a series of articles on the topic of agility-style jumping including an article about canine vision which was published on my blog  yesterday.  The scientific literature I read in order to write that article totally BLEW MY MIND!   I can say with 100% certainty that learning about canine vision lifted the final weight off shoulders re: my dogs and jumping.  And I can see that my dog Lil is feeling the JOY of jumping at a whole new level as a result of my shift in consciousness about jumping. 

My motivation to write these articles is to offer new ways of thinking about why dogs jump the way they do, which I hope will help people whose dogs are not "perfect" jumpers" to see beyond labels like ETS which IMO have sucked the joy of of agility for so many people (and dogs), including myself until I popped my head above the ETS cloud and questioned "what really constitutes a jumping issue?" and "who gets to say which dogs have jumping issues?"

Based on the feedback I've received so far, the articles are changing the ways in which people think about jumping and "jumping issues," the same way they did for me when I was writing them. 

If this topic is of interest and if the articles resonate with you, please share the link with your friends:   

"http://artanddogblog.wordpress.com/"

Devorah Sperber (Jake and Lil)

tag team

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Wow. I just checked the stats and over 5,000 hits (from across the globe with over 60% from the USA) since I published my post about canine vision and jumping a few days ago.. and the number is still growing. The overwhelming response has been positive including some awesome comments on my blog and FB page by fellow agility enthusiasts, Veterinarians, a few Medical Doctors, a Neurologist, and breeders. So cool to see this much interest in a subject I find so fascinating.