Author Topic: Back on Track products  (Read 4858 times)

reillybug

• Reilly's mom
Back on Track products
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »
Does anyone use these?  My dog is approaching 7 and so far he only has a slight shoulder issue.  I was wondering if anyone used these products for their dogs and if they thought they were worthwhile.

Thanks

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
Re: Back on Track products
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
Hi,

Yes, I have one for each dog.  The mesh ones.  I got the mesh ones on Amanda Nelsons advice and love them!! 
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Jackie Brasen

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Yes. we have the mesh coat for the dogs. Love them. I also have the small blanket that my 15 year old cat decided was her new favorite bed and the socks for myself.  ;D
mom to the TN Shedding Wonders

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
For those of us unfamiliar with them, what are "Back on Track" products and what are they designed to do?
Sheila & the Shelties

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »
Here is the web site:  http://www.backontrackproducts.com/   You can find information on their full range of products there.  Basically, BoT products work to improve circulation and blood flow to joints & muscles.

Here is their page explaining how it works:  http://www.backontrackproducts.com/How-It-Works-13.html

My young border collie, with her super long back, has had tenderness for as long as I can remember.  She actually started seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis by the time she was two years old.

I purchased a BoT coat for her from a vendor at our New Years Eve trial this past year.  The change in her was remarkable and her back was far less sensitive.  Even our chiropractor noticed a difference.  I don't know if it's related or not, but many people have remarked to me that she is more social and friendly at trials since she started wearing her coat -- maybe because she feels better?

I purchased the lighter mesh version for her when the weather started to warm up.  She now sleeps in it every night and wears it at trials.  So far the products have paid for themselves just by allowing us to skip a few chiropractic appointments!

Seeing how well it works for Secret, I'm tempted to try some of the products on myself!!
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:40:12 AM »
Back on Track products are "State-of-the-Art Therapeutic Products, Clinically Proven to Reduce Pain and Chronic Inflammation" (right from their website!) http://www.backontrackproducts.com/
None of my dogs have problems and I want to keep it that way!  I have reccommended the coats to a couple people with dogs that do have issues and they have helped their dogs.... I am a true believer in them!! 
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
I got the mesh one for Bracken, to see if it would help with his various soft tissue "issues."  Honestly, I can't say that I've seen a huge difference.  But hopefully it is helping him FEEL better.  Lots of folks I know swear by them.

FYI, the term "mesh" is relative.  The mesh layer is on the OUTSIDE, so I guess it is cooler than another layer of solid fabric.  I've only used mine so far in winter; will be interesting to see how well it works in hot weather. 

Another note: sizing is weird.  I guess even though there are different sizes, it's one of those "one size fits all" that is really "fits none."  My dog's length of back (LOL!) and height might be about the same as a much heftier dog...so his coat is very "drapey" (or maybe "droopy!").  I keep meaning to do some stitching adjustments on it.  If you can find someone with one to try on your dog before purchasing, you might save yourself an exchange or two.

[Here's a test of this forum!]  Here is a link to Clean Run, which carries various BoT products: 
http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2618&ParentCat=320&string=back on track

(If that doesn't work, you may have to cut and paste the URL....)

diane

Joe Fisher

• Agility Photos
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »
The BOT/clean run link worked fine Diane!
Joe Fisher
http://dogshots.biz
Seamus and Teaghan, my Std Poodles

reillybug

• Reilly's mom
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 01:30:18 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I am going to a big horse show in a couple of weeks and they always have a booth, so I may stop in and check their stuff out for Reilly.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
If it works, I need one!
Sheila & the Shelties

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 12:23:34 AM »
I have mesh coats for my girls and also some therapeutic carpal wraps......  I am thinking of getting some of the gear for my own aches and pains as well.  As the years go by my body gets more and more aches and pains
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Nancy H

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Stewie JRT-Agility Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:05 AM »
I have the coat for my Jack Russell and like it very much. I recently got the knee brace for myself, and I love it!

Nancy
Chester, NH
Nancy and Skipper JRT

Cris Larson

• Train 'Em Tasks
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:28 AM »
I use one on Lars and he LOVES it. We use it for warming up his muscles before going into the ring (sometimes doing warm up jumps and the like before a run gets him too amped  :o) He will usually sleep in it over night...he'll do that for a couple of weeks and then we take a week or two off from wearing it.

I have noticed a difference in how he carries himself and his movement when he's been wearing it regularly.

I'll be looking to get the mesh one when summer comes.
Cris and her rottweilers:
- URO2 UCD UCH Lars UD GN RAE NJP NAP NFP C-CD OCC OJC TG-E EAC O-WV-E S-TN-E APDT RL2 AOE-L1, L2 HIC TT CGC TDI
- Ocean RE OJP OAP XFP PD SPS SPJ APG SPR NJC TN-O APDT RL1 AOE-L1 HIC CGC

Flyingcorgi

• Born to Run
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
Most people I know have been liking the results they see from the Back on Track products.  I'm familiar with their claim that they are using embedded bio-ceramics in the fabric that absorb your body heat and reflect it back as Far InfraRed (FIR) energy.  But I've always wondered - does just a warming coat do the same thing?  Has anyone tried a regular coat for the same purposes?  Not wanting to be flamed -- just genuinely curious.  The fabric doesn't really feel any different when I've tried it.

- Becky in MN
#NAME?

Jackie Brasen

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
Most people I know have been liking the results they see from the Back on Track products.  I'm familiar with their claim that they are using embedded bio-ceramics in the fabric that absorb your body heat and reflect it back as Far InfraRed (FIR) energy.  But I've always wondered - does just a warming coat do the same thing?  Has anyone tried a regular coat for the same purposes?  Not wanting to be flamed -- just genuinely curious.  The fabric doesn't really feel any different when I've tried it.

- Becky in MN

Becky, I have RA and wearing normal warm socks does not help keep the inflammation down in my feet the same way wearing the Back on Track socks does. The fabric does feel 'normal' but it does not do the same thing as any regular socks I've ever tried.
mom to the TN Shedding Wonders