Author Topic: Strategic Hoopers  (Read 2830 times)

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
Re: Strategic Hoopers
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »
Agree with what all the folks have said about Strategic Hoopers being a fun game to play.  I LOVE it and sure hope it stays around a while.  I run both Strategic and Numbered Hoopers when I go to trials.  I just run what they are offering, however, I would love to see more Strategic Hoopers offered.

Also, agree about Ex Hoopers causing a burden on a club to provide, store, and haul the extra equipment.  We are pushing the limits of our trailer now and would have to get another option for transporting gates to our show site if Ex Hoopers is the only thing we can offer. 

Laughing Dog will continue to offer Strategic Hoopers at every trial as long as it is an option. 

Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
As I said earlier, I am a fan of any and all kinds of hoopers classes...but I do especially like Extreme Hoopers.  I do appreciate that not every club wants to or can provide all the equipment, including the club I belong to, so I made my own...slowly, over time so it wouldn't be burdensome.  I am doing my best to persuade my club to try to offer it and at least now there isn't the excuse/reason that they don't have the equipment!  It may end up not being something that works for our club, but I think sometimes when we want things, we have to contribute any way we can.
Lee Anne

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »
Diane,

Jumping Chollas in Phoenix offers Hoopers at most of our trials (but not the Thanksgiving trial), and I alternate between Strategic and Numbered.  For example, since the October trial offered Numbered Hoopers the December trial will offer Strategic.  Given that we can now also offer Extreme, our club might consider that as another possibility for future trials.

Billie Rosen
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
If Extreme Hoopers would count as points for an All Around Award, would gaters and extreme Chances fit in somehow in the future?
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »
If Extreme Hoopers would count as points for an All Around Award, would gaters and extreme Chances fit in somehow in the future?

All Extreme classes are part of the Extreme NATCH and Extreme Versatility NATCH.  You can also earn Extreme Speed Stars and Extreme Versatility Speed Stars.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »
Just curious, as I've never seen it posted anywhere, but how many points are necessary for the Extreme NATCH/Versatility NATCH/Speed Star/Versatility Speed Star?
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »
Hi Sharon,

I have not heard of the Extreme NATCH etc -- are the requirements posted somewhere??? sounds so cool - something else to work for!!
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
I LOVE HOOPERS- and we always mix it up and offer Numbered and Strategic.  While I personally prefer strategic most of our trials offer hoopers on both days so we offer one of each.   If you want to play Hoopers come to SCOR's northern NJ trials! 

SCOR will continue to offer Hoopers at all our trials and we have gotten people hooked on it by incentive package entry pricing.   Our pricing allows the 6th class to be free so many people enter since it doesn't cost extra.   

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not replace either strategic or numbered with Extreme Hoopers.  While I like Extreme Hoopers and enterit when offered it is very different than either Numbered or Strategic.  Additionally it would make it impossible for SCOR to offer Hoopers because of what equipment is required in excess to hoops- namely the numbere of required gates and I (and my dog) would hate to see strategic/numbered go away.   

Mary

Mary P.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »
Hi Sharon,

I have not heard of the Extreme NATCH etc -- are the requirements posted somewhere??? sounds so cool - something else to work for!!

I thought I posted on this, but maybe I did not hit send...where can we find the requirements for the extreme Natches and Speed Stars?  Anyone I've asked who competes in Nadac has no idea either.
Sheila & the Shelties

CD Jacobs

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »
I think Strategic Hoopers is my all time favorite agility course and definitely my favorite of the NADAC courses. I love being able to design a course that is not only fun, but that takes advantage of my dog's abilities and talents. Having to change the sequence when things don't go as planned is part of the fun - all part of the agility puzzle. I am so thankful to Sara and Laughing Dog Agility (Autaugaville, Alabama) for including Strategic Hoopers at all of their trials - one of the many reasons her trials are so much fun :D

Numbered Hoopers is ok, but with an older, slower dog, there isn't much interesting handling required and even with a perfectly clean run we can't come close to making time, so that is frustrating to me.

Carol Jacobs
Huntsville, AL

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »
I think Strategic Hoopers is my all time favorite agility course and definitely my favorite of the NADAC courses. I love being able to design a course that is not only fun, but that takes advantage of my dog's abilities and talents. Having to change the sequence when things don't go as planned is part of the fun - all part of the agility puzzle. I am so thankful to Sara and Laughing Dog Agility (Autaugaville, Alabama) for including Strategic Hoopers at all of their trials - one of the many reasons her trials are so much fun :D

Numbered Hoopers is ok, but with an older, slower dog, there isn't much interesting handling required and even with a perfectly clean run we can't come close to making time, so that is frustrating to me.

Carol Jacobs
Huntsville, AL

Be sure to let your local clubs know that!  And then they will continue to offer it.  Sometimes the clubs don't know for sure what their exhibitors want.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »
Or have a club meeting. Clubs should have a lot of meetings. Good way to find out what members are thinking.  You may get more support at a club meeting then you thought you had. It's a lot easier to ignore the one hand clapping, when a bunch of them gets clapping is harder to ignore.
Sheila & the Shelties