Author Topic: all around award  (Read 723 times)

all around award
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:16:31 AM »
I have asked this question before, but ran into a judge at a NADAC trial and was given a different answer, so I just wanted to be clear on the award.
  In Novice we did 3 legs and out in every class(barrels did not exist), we've been in Open for several years, maxing out our points, then moving into the elite classes.
  My understanding was, my dog will qualify for her All Around just by maxing out her Open classes.  According to the judge I ran into, I need to go back to Novice and finish out those classes too.  She's (my dog)  so close to maxing out her classes in Open and is now 12 years.  She'll will never get it if the rule is going  back to novice.   thanks

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: all around award
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:52 AM »
I have asked this question before, but ran into a judge at a NADAC trial and was given a different answer, so I just wanted to be clear on the award.
  In Novice we did 3 legs and out in every class(barrels did not exist), we've been in Open for several years, maxing out our points, then moving into the elite classes.
  My understanding was, my dog will qualify for her All Around just by maxing out her Open classes.  According to the judge I ran into, I need to go back to Novice and finish out those classes too.  She's (my dog)  so close to maxing out her classes in Open and is now 12 years.  She'll will never get it if the rule is going  back to novice.   thanks

An Open All Around requires a Novice All Around.  An Elite All Around requires that a Novice All Around and an Open All Around have been earned.

The requirements for the All Arounds are quite high, which are why they are such a coveted award.

You would have the option of transferring your Open points to Novice and earning a Novice All Around.  I am sorry to say that you cannot earn an Open All Around without first earning a Novice All Around.  As per the rulebook:

"The All Around award is for teams that achieve the Superior title in all classes offered.
The above awards are offered at each of the three levels: Novice, Open, and Elite.  The dog must have completed the requirements of the Superior Versatility, plus a Superior Performance in the Hoopers class.  The All Around titles must be earned in order, ie, an Open level cannot be earned without a Novice All Around. "

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility