Author Topic: Haute Dawgs Toys for Tots Trial, Elk Grove, CA & Ugly Sweater Contest  (Read 157 times)

Karin Bell

• Judge
I wanted to remind everyone that the Closing Date for the upcoming Haute Dawgs Toys for Tots Fundraiser Trial is fast approaching.  Please get your entries in no later than December 2nd for the Trial held at WAG in Elk Grove, CA December 6-8, 2013. 

This trial will be packed with just about everything you can imagine.  Friday starts off with a full slate of EGC.  Then Saturday and Sunday will be a Traditional Trial.  AND on Saturday, we will offer 3 levels of Beginner Agility as well.  Something for everyone!

This is the time of year when everyone reflects on how grateful we are. Grateful that we have such a strong agility support “family” that has helped many of us get through tough times. Grateful that we have the financial means to do this awesome sport and spend time playing with our dogs and friends all year long. But there are others that are not nearly as fortunate – they can’t even afford to buy a toy for their children this holiday. We know there are many Toys for Tots campaigns throughout the entire U.S. and most likely several within your own community. And while we know you will support those efforts as well, we hope you can find that very special something that will bring a smile to a child’s face to donate to this year’s Toys for Tots at WAG collection. It is acts of kindness like this that fill your heart with joy and give meaning to this season of giving. Please bring an unwrapped toy to donate and/or a check to donate.  Let’s make this one the best one yet!

And finally, saving the best for last…  We are adding an Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest to the trial…  I remember we discussed this at length last year and I apologize for the delay in adding this to our line-up but I think it will be fun and interesting to say the least.  Judging will be on Sunday but feel free to wear your favorite sweater all weekend.

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving and see you soon!

Karin Bell, Trial Chair

Karin Bell
Auburn, CA
In the Heart of California's Gold Country