Author Topic: 5 Days of agility in Phoenix, AZ the first week of January  (Read 2270 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
5 Days of agility in Phoenix, AZ the first week of January
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
Don't forget that you can come to sunny Arizona the first week of January for five days of agility fun!!  On Wednesday and Thursday evening we will be having four runs of EGC and then on Friday we will have 2 rounds of Touch N Go, Tunnelers and Weavers!  Then into the weekend with Regular, Jumpers, Chances and more EGC!!

A great way to get the new year started from January 8-12th!!  Come join us for sunshine, fun and agility!!

premiums are available at:

http://www.nadac.com/nadac_premiums.htm

See you there!  We will have several great prizes and raffles!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
Re: 5 Days of agility in Phoenix, AZ the first week of January
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
That is very tempting.... probably almost a 90* swing in temperature!!!   :o 
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
That is very tempting.... probably almost a 90* swing in temperature!!!   :o

Come and join us, it would be fun!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
We are also working on having the Chances, Jumpers and Regular runs be eligible for the first ever Speed and Stakes trial!

More details to come and those that have already entered could let me know if you want your Elite level entries to be switched over to "Speed and Stakes", which means your normal runs could not be run.  You can't be in both.  The Speed and Stakes runs will count towards the top dog points for 2014 and the runs will be a little longer, a little tougher, and fun, fun, and FUN!!!

It will be like running Championships in January in Arizona!

It is fitting to start in January with Jumping Chollas, one of our first NADAC clubs!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »
Oh man!!!  Now you are just being mean  ;)  Wish I could come  :'(
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Kathy Phelan

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »
Wish I could be there. Maybe if Dusty heals by then we could make the trip.
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:30 PM »
Would we have to enter all the rounds of Regular/Chances/Jumpers to do Speed and Stakes? (I'm assuming yes, but just checking.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:40:53 PM by Rebecca Kriz »
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
Would we have to enter all the rounds of Regular/Chances/Jumpers to do Speed and Stakes? (I'm assuming yes, but just checking.)

All of one day, yes..... you could be in SS one day and not the next, but it must be the entire day of whichever day it was.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »
I have 2 questions:
1.) Where do I find the info on how "Speed and Stakes" is run? I remember it being talked about but not sure where to find the info again.
2.) Since these trials are in conjunction with a Judges Clinic, do us non-judges get to listen in?? (That could be cool!) I just don't know how judges clinics work.

Thanks!
-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
I have 2 questions:
1.) Where do I find the info on how "Speed and Stakes" is run? I remember it being talked about but not sure where to find the info again.
2.) Since these trials are in conjunction with a Judges Clinic, do us non-judges get to listen in?? (That could be cool!) I just don't know how judges clinics work.

Thanks!
-Kyle

I will address #2 first.  Not all S and S trials are part of a judging clinic.  Only the one in January in Phoenix "happens" to be on a judging clinic weekend.  And sorry, but non-judges cannot audit a judging clinic.  Only current judges and new judging applicants can attend.  And in some parts, not even the new applicants can attend!

For #1, the SandS runs are judged like the Championships.  For the upcoming Phoenix trial only Regular, Chances and Jumpers will be run as SandS runs.  A competitors cannot run in both "normal" Reg, Chances and Jumpers and SandS runs.  They will need to run in one or the other.  The runs are time plus faults, plus bonus points for those doing the distance lines.  The courses will be the "normal" courses plus a couple extra challenges so the courses will be a bit longer and a bit tougher.  The results from these runs will also accumulate towards end of the year honors.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Kathy Phelan

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »
So much fun! I loved Triple Crown at Champs and S & S sounds just like it. I wanna be there!! - Kathy
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Billie Rosen

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »
I loved Triple Crown, so please sign Klev'r up to run S and S at the Phoenix trial.  Thanks.
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

Kyle

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »
For #1, the SandS runs are judged like the Championships.  For the upcoming Phoenix trial only Regular, Chances and Jumpers will be run as SandS runs.  A competitors cannot run in both "normal" Reg, Chances and Jumpers and SandS runs.  They will need to run in one or the other.  The runs are time plus faults, plus bonus points for those doing the distance lines.  The courses will be the "normal" courses plus a couple extra challenges so the courses will be a bit longer and a bit tougher.  The results from these runs will also accumulate towards end of the year honors.

Sharon

I'm just not understanding the "big picture" yet...so here's a couple more questions:
Do S&S runs "count" for points towards the next Champs?
What if my dog is in Elite Regular and Jumpers but only in Open Chances? Can we still enter the whole day in S&S? (Or does the dog need to be in *all* three Elite classes?)

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »

I'm just not understanding the "big picture" yet...so here's a couple more questions:
Do S&S runs "count" for points towards the next Champs?
What if my dog is in Elite Regular and Jumpers but only in Open Chances? Can we still enter the whole day in S&S? (Or does the dog need to be in *all* three Elite classes?)

Thanks,
Kyle

Yes, you can use the S&S points for Champs entry.  You have to be eligible for Elite in all classes. 

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

sportk9s

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
Sharon,

Can judge applicants run in the S&S?  :)

Thanks!

Anne Thornton
Anne Thornton
Kingman, AZ