Author Topic: Tears of Joy  (Read 925 times)

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
Tears of Joy
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
It was with heavy sadness and yet tears of joy that Greg and I announced the retirement of "Jammin' Dancin" Toon "Trapper", 1/2/2001, Sable Sheltie and "Laureate Dancin' Chimney "Sweep", 1/9/2001, Bi/Bk Sheltie. They will be 13 years old in January. They are amazing dogs, fabulaous agility partners, always fun, always loyal and true. They have been winners at NADAC CHAMPS many times. They have earned nearly every award possible, Superior across the board, All Around, Triple Triple, Vers Triple, Speed Star, Bonus pointed (Sweep), Super Stakes (Sweep), NADAC TOP TEN, NADAC BREED TOP TEN every year. Sweep has 38 NATCHes, Trapper has 17 NATCHes. Still running fast but their hearing is gone, their eyesight dim and it's time to let them rest. Their retirement has been well earned. Sweep our pack leader is always the polite little dog who would never dream of doing anything wrong. Trapper is always everyone's tug toy, he has a great sense of humor....he is our clown. He always helps me train dogs with behavioral probelems. We will miss Trapper's "give me 5" at the startline with Greg and his "wow wow" at the finish. We will miss Sweep's joyful "happy flip" and the startline and his "happy Flip" at the end of of run. Our younger dogs have big shoes to fill and they have great role models to follow. Trapper and Sweep now will be their coaches. We are proud to be owned by them. And they are still at the end of our leash.

"When it's all done and over, it's the DOG you miss, not the ribbons and awards". LinB

Lin and Greg Battaglia
Motivational Dog Training - Agility Ability LLC
Sparks/Reno, NV.

Bernie Doyle

• Judge
Re: Tears of Joy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
A very well earned  & deserved retirement!

I always enjoyed watching you & Greg out on course at Champs with your respective team mates. After I saw Greg & Trapper at Champs, starting their runs with a the "gimme 5", I was hooked! Kruzer & I start all our runs with a paw/hand shake.  :D

Trapper & Sweep are some wonderful coaches to have in the house! I am sure the youngsters will learn their lessons well from their mentors!

Thanks for sharing your pups with all of us through the years!

Bernie  & the merle mob

Bernie Doyle
Joliet,IL

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »
Those boys retired with nothing to prove! I look forward to see them around basking in the glory of  their retirement!  Much like Greg!

Jeff Lyons
Jeff L.

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
Love to you and Greg, and of course to Trapper and Sweep!  So glad I got to see them both run so many times!
Vicki Storrs and Lin's favorite Scottie Jack
Vicki Storrs

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »
I will miss seeing them both in the agility ring. 
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharonb

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
Happy Retirement Sweep and Trapper
Sharon
Livingston Tx
Hope & Candy

Billie Rosen

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »
Lin, Trapper and Sweep are certainly among the most memorable dogs in NADAC, and their accomplishments are amazing!!!!  You are wise to retire them while they are still happy and healthy.
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

LJKing

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
Lin and Greg, Sweep and Trapper are two of the all time great agility dogs and we will miss seeing them run. But they can sit back and rest on their many laurels.

Hugs to all of you,

Lynda, Trey, Fia and Robby at the Bridge
Lynda King

Kelly Wilson

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
Happy Retirement to 2 sweet gentlemen.
Kelly Wilson
Journey, Kya, & Indie

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:52 AM »
They will both have a blast in their retirement!!  Fun still continues without agility!  Good decision to let them retire while still sound and eager!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
Thank you everyone for your heart felt wishes. We have recieved so many private emails mentioning how these two dogs have affected the lives of so many. One never knows how you influence the lives of others. What wonderful legacies for Trapper and Sweep. It is the right choice, at the right time for our dogs.

Lin and Greg Battaglia
Motivational Dog Training - Agility Ability LLC
Nevada 

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »
Happy Retirement Sweep and Trapper!  I'm so glad I'll have the pleasure of watching as they enjoy their relaxing, senior years. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:35:03 PM by Paulette Couture »
Paulette Couture
Cody (West Highland White Terrier): All Around Natch 2, NATCh 14, Vers NATCh 13, 12,500 Lifetime Points

Loki - Just beginning his agility career

BetsieCorwin

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Happy retirement Sweep and Trapper. It's been so much fun to watch them throughout their illustrious agility careers. They will enjoy their retirement and can rest comfortably on their many laurels.

Betsie Corwin
Oakdale, CA

Joyce Roessner

• Judge
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »
I am sure the boys will enjoy their retirement, congratulations to them on continuing to run until such a great age!   
Joyce Roessner
Calgary, Alberta