Author Topic: Can't Load www.nadac.com so menus work  (Read 1273 times)

Hcacres

Can't Load www.nadac.com so menus work
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »
Having trouble getting the home page on the old www.nadac.com site to load.  See it has been changed.  None of the pull down menus will open.  Only the link to the forum site is working and I can never find what I need on the new site.  The search engine pulls up all kinds of junk to wade through. 
What I need is simply the new dog registration form.  If anyone has a current copy showing the increased fees eff. 1/1/2014, I would appreciate it if you could Email me a copy.  I am trying to get a friend to register her dog and add NADAC events to her AKC agility calendar.
Virginia Hoffman
akhcacres@gmail.com
Virginia H.
Anchorage, AK

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Can't Load www.nadac.com so menus work
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »

belcanto123

Can't Load www.nadac.com so menus work
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:28:43 AM »
Having trouble with Events.  State selection not working.  Grace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agil8ek9

• Mary-Anne.net - dog agility and personal blog
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »
Virginia -
Nothing has been changed - menus are working fine for me.  What browser and operating system are you using and is Javascript enabled in your browser?

If you still have problems with the menus, go to the bottom of the page - the site map has links to all the main pages and there are links to the main category pages there too.

Search - blame Google, it's their results. But if I use the search box on the site to search for Dog Registration, the online form is the first result and the printable form is the 2nd.

Grace
Working for me also.  Are you on an Iphone?  There's a known bug with multi-select boxes on IOS7 (and 6 too).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:50:16 PM by agil8ek9 »
Mary-Anne G.
Webmaster for nadac.com

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:59:12 PM »
Hi, Mary-Anne.
I've also had trouble with the menus on nadac.com.
In the menu bar at the top, the only ones that work are Rules & FAQ and Contact us.
All the rest fail to pop down and it's indicated they are all trying to access  www.nadac.com/#
and that doesn't seem to go anywhere.
But I am able to access all the options if I scroll to the bottom and select from Popular Categories.
So it's working, just not as I suspected it might.
Hope this info is useful.  Thanks for all your work.
Richard Wolfe
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
Admittedly, I haven't tried anything but the events tab, but it has been working fine for me.  I've been accessing it with Firefox if that is helpful...or not.
Lee Anne

agil8ek9

• Mary-Anne.net - dog agility and personal blog
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:59:29 AM »
Did some digging on this issue - are you folks with problems using Internet Explorer?  Particularly IE8?  Apparently that browser mis-interprets code I'm using  to generate gradient color (Microsoft's own filter!)  on the type of  elements in the dropdowns and "breaks"when it sees it.  A couple possible fixes I just need time to try them...90% sure that's the problem, but there's always that 10% chance that it isn't.

I totally understand that if you're using a work PC you probably don't have a choice which browser to use.  If you do have a choice, you may want to take Firefox, Chrome or Safari for a spin - all 3 are light years ahead of IE (though IE's much, MUCH better than it was.)  Y

This is why I put those links at the bottom (and the site map) ...
Mary-Anne G.
Webmaster for nadac.com

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:39:38 AM »
Yes, Mary-Anne, I'm using IE8 and am prompted often to upgrade from Vista and IE8.  Just set in my ways at present.  So I'm aware the problem is mine.
Just trying to provide you some info in case it might have helped.  Since I can get access from the menu at the bottom, I'm good.
Thanks for your work.
Richard
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge