Author Topic: Phoenix fundraiser  (Read 606 times)

Phoenix fundraiser
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Wow what a weekend.!  Got to witness the first running of S n S not sure of the rules and scoring but the handling and dos were unbelievable.  Also loved the trail format of running the same corse back to back.  These could truly dpeed up trails only one walk through and no course rebuild could easly save 15 min or more/class that could be a couple of hours a day.  I could ser the possibility of running 4 reg runs on one day back to back and then reveresed. Then could do extra chances or somthing else the next day. I think folks should keep an open mind.
it was nice to finally put some faces to the names on this forum.  Looking forward to improving so we can do even more.

It not the dogs fault stupid!

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Phoenix fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »
The S&S class was a real challenge.  There were a number of us, 8 people I think, who signed up for it, but we really didn't know what we were in for.  Sharon gave a briefing Saturday morning, but until we actually saw the distance involved on the courses, we really didn't appreciate the challenge.  The really different part of this was the scoring.  It is quite complicated, but basically you get a speed score and a stakes score (distance and path), and the 2 scores are added together.  If the sum was less than 10, you got no points,  If it was more than 10, you could get 10 or more points.  Our Chances runs weren't too good, but we had amazing runs in Regular, and got a huge total of points for this.  Wow!!!!  Who would have thought that Klev'r could run like he did, I sure didn't.  Anyway, we also got our 10 points in Jumpers to finish NATCH 16.  All in all, I think Sharon has done it again.  This is going to be a big success, I think.
Billie Rosen    agilek9s@q.com
Kruz'n (Border Terrier)  NATCH 28, Vers. NATCH 14
Klev'r (Border Terrier)  NATCH 11, Vers. NATCH 9
Book'n (Border Terrier)  working on 1st NATCH

Kyle

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:46 AM »
The S&S was a ton of fun to run! The "points" part of the scoring was like Super Stakes - each obstacle has a point value depending upon its difficulty. Other than that, I didn't understand the scoring at all, but honestly, I didn't care!  ;D The cool thing is that it didn't require the "perfection" of a Bonus run. We could have a little wobble and know we could keep trying in order to qualify. (Note: I said "little wobble"!  ;D ) There were some absolutely beautiful, smooth, gorgeous runs that were so wonderful to watch. I think the *best* part was Billy's surprised smiles about Klev'r!! Too cool!

Many thanks to my fellow "S&S'ers" who took on the new challenge with such great attitudes. The camaraderie of our little "experimental" group was the best. It was like being in one of the Stakes classes at Champs rather than a "regular" trial. That made it special.

I've gotta say, those poor judges and judge applicants worked their tails off that weekend. I don't know how they were still all on their feet at the very end... Thanks to y'all for your hard, hard work!!! We appreciated it!

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Rsquared

• Scooter's Mom
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
It was thrilling to watch the S&S dogs in Phoenix!  Congratulations to all the brave souls who entered and weren't quite sure of what they were getting into but who took the plunge anyway.  You all appeared to be having a blast even when things didn't go according to plan and you all have my admiration.  It was very interesting to be ringside and hear Sharon judging *every*single*obstacle* while the scribe scribbled away.  These jobs become more challenging as Sharon ups the challenges for the handler teams and I admire how they got such accurate records at breakneck speeds.  Everyone involved in S&S is to be congratulated!
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »
As a competitor in the S & S class at the Phoenix Funraiser, All I can say is Wow was that Fun!!! All of the great people in the group that was challenged by the S & S had a wonderful time!! I would like to know when I can do more of the challenges like this. I will tell you that I would be there! As a fan of agility in general, I think this type of format would be great for any Funraiser! Thanks again Sharon for the challenge of the S & S class!! Believe it or Not!
Jeff Newman
P.S. Thanks Kyle

Kathy Phelan

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play S&S!! Maybe in Bend this summer??
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play S&S!! Maybe in Bend this summer??

Yes, they will be offered at Bend, OR.  We will also be having one in April in Elk Grove, CA and hopefully we can add one in Washington and maybe Wyoming.  I don't think that any of the Montana trial sites meet the criteria.  The bigger arena in Gillette would fit!  Maybell, CO would also work and Moab, Utah.  Once I get another person trained we can get a series going across the east coast!  Right now I would have to be present.  We don't have any other judges ready for S & S yet!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility