Author Topic: Veteran Status in 2014  (Read 1241 times)

perchntd

Veteran Status in 2014
« on: December 01, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
I am trying to figure out the rule changes for Vet status ... specifically, at what age will a dog be required to jump a lower jump height?  I've seen information that indicates this will apply to dogs ages 8 and older beginning in 2014, but I've also seen information that it applies to dogs ages 9 and older.  Thanks in advance for the information!!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Veteran Status in 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
I am trying to figure out the rule changes for Vet status ... specifically, at what age will a dog be required to jump a lower jump height?  I've seen information that indicates this will apply to dogs ages 8 and older beginning in 2014, but I've also seen information that it applies to dogs ages 9 and older.  Thanks in advance for the information!!

Both are correct.......... "AFTER they are 8 years old......... ie, on their ninth birthday", they are a mandatory Veteran.

"AFTER they are 11 years old..... ie, on their 12th birthday", they are a mandatory Skilled Veteran.

Good question and thanks for asking!
Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
So, if a dog, originally a 20+ height, is jumping 16" as Skilled (non-vet) prior to age nine: 
when dog becomes nine years of age, is there a choice to continue to jump 16" as a Proficient Vet OR jump 12" as Skilled Vet?

Thanks!
diane

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »
So, if a dog, originally a 20+ height, is jumping 16" as Skilled (non-vet) prior to age nine: 
when dog becomes nine years of age, is there a choice to continue to jump 16" as a Proficient Vet OR jump 12" as Skilled Vet?

Thanks!
diane

That is correct!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jen

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »
My dog, Valkyrie, will be turning 12 this March. She is a 20" dog and has been jumping 16" skilled for the last year or so. With this rule change I will have to enter her as skilled AND veteran so she will only be jumping 12"?
Also, all her points will continue to accumulate like normal? It won't be like starting over, right?
Thanks so much for the information-
Jen&Valkyrie

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
My dog, Valkyrie, will be turning 12 this March. She is a 20" dog and has been jumping 16" skilled for the last year or so. With this rule change I will have to enter her as skilled AND veteran so she will only be jumping 12"?
Also, all her points will continue to accumulate like normal? It won't be like starting over, right?
Jen&Valkyrie

Yes, at 12 the dog would enter Skilled Veterans.  All points in NADAC combine (Skilled and Proficient, Standard and Veterans/VH?JH) so there is never a starting over point.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jen

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »
Jen&Valkyrie

Yes, at 12 the dog would enter Skilled Veterans.  All points in NADAC combine (Skilled and Proficient, Standard and Veterans/VH?JH) so there is never a starting over point.

Sharon

Thank you for the info. And thank you for looking out for the seniors. Letting us play safely longer with our older dogs.
Jen&Valkyrie