Author Topic: Proficient, Skilled, and Veterans  (Read 1364 times)

KatSchmalz

• Faegrian
Proficient, Skilled, and Veterans
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »
Hi guys- I've gotten some conflicting information from my agility friends locally, so I'd like to clear up my question at the source.

Setting the scene: Buddy Holly, 13yoa energizer bunny in a Border Collie suit, jumps 20".  We haven't competed in NADAC since 2009, and would like to finish up a few titles that he has 10-20 points on. 

Issue: In AKC, if you drop to Preferred, you start over from novice and have to work your way back up- you can't finish Regular titles.  Is this the same in NADAC?  Or can I get the rest of his points at the lower height without starting over?  Does the same go for Veterans- would he have to start over there as well?  THEN someone told me that I could 'double up' and run him as veterans AND skilled at the same time, which would drop him to jump at a height of 12"!  Is this true? 

I'd really prefer to jump him as low as possible- but shhhh, don't tell him that.  He still acts like he's superman and is fit and tough as nails, but someone in this relationship has to have self control!!!

Thanks to anyone that can advise us.

Kat Schmalz
Buddy Holly VCD2 RA AX AXJ OAC WV-N TG-N NCC NJC CGC FFX-P (Buddy Holly)
 Fae's Mistaken Identity NAJ (Tucker)
UHerdIt Crimson Cause And Origin (Gin)

Scott Twp Fire K9 Osie (Match Stryke Origin and Cause)
Scott Twp Fire K9 Stryker (UherdIt Crimson Stryke NA NAJ): End of Watch 5/31/13

http://faegrian.webs.com
Kat Schmalz

Scott Twp Fire K9 Osie
Scott Twp Fire K9 Stryker (UHerdIt Crimson Stryke NA NAJ),  End Of Watch 5/31/13

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Proficient, Skilled, and Veterans
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
Hi guys- I've gotten some conflicting information from my agility friends locally, so I'd like to clear up my question at the source.

Setting the scene: Buddy Holly, 13yoa energizer bunny in a Border Collie suit, jumps 20".  We haven't competed in NADAC since 2009, and would like to finish up a few titles that he has 10-20 points on. 

Issue: In AKC, if you drop to Preferred, you start over from novice and have to work your way back up- you can't finish Regular titles.  Is this the same in NADAC?  Or can I get the rest of his points at the lower height without starting over?  Does the same go for Veterans- would he have to start over there as well?  THEN someone told me that I could 'double up' and run him as veterans AND skilled at the same time, which would drop him to jump at a height of 12"!  Is this true? 

I'd really prefer to jump him as low as possible- but shhhh, don't tell him that.  He still acts like he's superman and is fit and tough as nails, but someone in this relationship has to have self control!!!

Thanks to anyone that can advise us.

Kat Schmalz

Scott Twp Fire K9 Osie (Match Stryke Origin and Cause)
Scott Twp Fire K9 Stryker (UherdIt Crimson Stryke NA NAJ): End of Watch 5/31/13

http://faegrian.webs.com

In NADAC you never "start over".  All points are combined.  All Skilled/Proficient, Standard/Vets/JH/VH are all combined.  You just keep on running if you changes divisions or categories.

Good luck!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
In NADAC you don't need to start over at novice! All your points in Proficient, Skilled, Veterans, will combine, so no problems there.  Enter him as a Skilled-Veteran (so he would be entered to jump 12").   Let him get out there and keep energizing! 
Jeff L.

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »
Actually I believe starting this year you would HAVE to enter your 13 year old dog in skilled vet, with the associated 2 drops in jump heights, from 20 to 12. Starting in 2014 any dog reaching it's 12th birthday Must enter as Skilled AND Vet. Dogs who reach their 9th birthday must enter as vet, but it can be either Proficient (one drop in jump height) OR Skilled (2 drops), your choice.  So your Energizer bunny will keep his points that he has AND get the jump height reductions that you want.
Cool, huh?!
Vicki Storrs

KatSchmalz

• Faegrian
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »
Wonderful news, thanks guys!  12"- man, it's going to be like running the 2 year old Buddy again!!
Kat Schmalz

Scott Twp Fire K9 Osie
Scott Twp Fire K9 Stryker (UHerdIt Crimson Stryke NA NAJ),  End Of Watch 5/31/13