Author Topic: Mailing list option  (Read 1271 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Mailing list option
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
Is just not gonna happen.

I truly do feel bad about this.  I wish there were a better option for the folks who want to receive everything from this forum in email format, but there just isn't.

The head honchos I have conversed with all gave me some very...colorful, opinions on the matter.      And they won't be building any new modifications to make it happen.

The best I can do is assure you that when you click on 'notify' in the board page it will alert you to new topics posted.   And if anything important happens I can guarantee it will be made into a new topic.

And you can still subscribe to individual topics and get email of replies to those.   

And you can still click on 'view recent posts' on the very bottom of the main page to read everything together.

But that is the best I can do.  And it is what it is.

Re: Mailing list option
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »

I truly do feel bad about this.  I wish there were a better option for the folks who want to receive everything from this forum in email format, but there just isn't.

But that is the best I can do.  And it is what it is.

And that's all we can ask!
Sheila & the Shelties

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »
Thanks for trying Chris!

Lynn
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
I, too, loved the "digest" option on the yahoo group, but I'm finding the "Unread post" is working pretty well for me.  I have also used the "Notify" option to get e-mails.  I'm not a computer geek and I have had a rather steep learning curve with this forum, but I will "endeavor to persuasive" as the old Indian in Jeremiah Johnson said.
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »
I, too, had to go through a learning curve with this, but now I love it!  Thanks, Chris!

I really hate "change"... ok, go ahead and laugh!!  I really do!!  And no one has more anguish when a change is made than I do.... but I will still always make a change, like this forum, if that is logically appears to be the best choice, even if it is painful during the learning curve... I am glad that Chris pushed this so hard!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:38:56 AM »

I really hate "change"... ok, go ahead and laugh!!  I really do!!  And no one has more anguish when a change is made than I do.... but I will still always make a change, like this forum, if that is logically appears to be the best choice, even if it is painful during the learning curve... I am glad that Chris pushed this so hard!

Sharon

ok I am laughing just a little bit ;D

I think Chris has done a great job and i think we will all learn our way around.  It is kind of like visiting a new town  :)
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »
I, too, had to go through a learning curve with this, but now I love it!  Thanks, Chris!

Sharon

Isn't it great to  have sons that push us old ladies!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »
]

Isn't it great to  have sons that push us old ladies!
Linda

Or dogs?  :)
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana