Author Topic: Not missing any posts ....  (Read 843 times)

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Not missing any posts ....
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:17:11 AM »
The one thing I have realized is that when I click on the "new" button, I end up with the most recent of the "unread posts" at the bottom of the screen .... sometimes I have to scroll up (or even check a previous page on that topic) until I see something I remember reading before ...  and it is possible to "miss some posts" if you don't because it seems once you have clicked that "new" button, my computer anyway thinks I have read everything posted on that topic to that point ....

Not sure if there is any way around this but just something to be aware of ....
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Not missing any posts ....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »
That is strange.

I have checked all the background stuff and everything appears to be working good.

Keep in mind the program doesn't 'know' what you have read.  Not really.

If there are 20 posts in a topic and you click on it, the computer automatically makes the assumption you have read all 20, even if you only got to number 10 and navigated away.     Then if 5 more posts come through and you click on 'new' it's going to take you to post #21

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
so the "earliest unread post" should be the one at the top of my screen?

Maybe I'm in error and I am missing a second or third page of "unread posts" on my previous visit ....

Glad I raised the question -- I'll pay a little more attention to what page I'm on ....  ;D
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »
I've found that if you click on "Show unread posts since last visit" it will take me to the topic and page where I read the last post.  It's under "account info" in the box on the left-hand side.

If I don't remember reading a post, I scroll up the topic and within a post or two, there is the last one I read,  It is not always exact, but so far it does take me to the same topic and page where the new posts start.  To make sure the board recognizes you have looked at that topic, click the "Show unread posts since last visit" again, rather than the "back" button.  If you hit the back or arrow button on your computer, it will not recognize you already looked at those posts.  There may be an easier way to do that, but I haven't checked and it workes for me.  Clear as mud?
Sheila & the Shelties