Author Topic: Becky Woodruff is coming to Texas - NADAC Clinicians Seminar  (Read 1520 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Becky Woodruff is coming to Texas - NADAC Clinicians Seminar
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »

WACO Agility Club (WAG) Training Field
15420 IH 35 South
Bruceville, TX 76630

April 5-6, 2014

This seminar will take place outdoors on grass.

Clinician: Becky Woodruff
Bend, OR

The focus of this 2 day seminar will be on building teamwork by creating and building on the needed skills to gain the confidence required by both handler and dog for handling NADAC courses.

We will work on making the transition from obstacle focus to path focus; creating and supporting the dogs path; and preparing for the next sequence when handling.

This seminar will be structured according to the needs of participating teams. It is possible that each day will have separate "working times" for beginner, intermediate and advanced teams. Dogs must be under off-leash control and be able to safely negotiate a Novice Regular course or the equivalent. Suitable for teams wishing to increase their success rate in Chances and push for the challenge of bonus line handling.

Fees: Working Spot - $250.00

Auditing Spot - $100.00

A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking your place (Working Spot deposit $50.00, Auditing Spot $25.00). Balance is payable by no later than April 15, 2014.

There are 12 working spots available and unlimited auditing space.

Payment can be made by Paypal account NADACSharon@aol.com or by check to NADAC, 24605 Dodds Rd., Bend, OR 97701

Please be sure to reference what the payment is for.

About your Instructor:

Becky Woodruff grew up with a love for animals. She spent a great deal of her childhood shared with her best friend, a beagle mix. Adolescence and young adulthood were spent with horses. Horses and dogs, what more could a girl ask for!!! Training her beagle mix to do tricks and raising, training and showing her mare gave Becky great insight at a young age, into understanding the human/animal bond and what can be accomplished!

Becky went on to train formal obedience and was a familiar figure on the California obedience circuit. Her Labrador Retrievers were consistently in the placings and top rankings each year. She taught obedience classes at a large obedience school and says she enjoyed teaching Beginning classes and advanced Utility classes best. Becky also ventured into field dog/retriever training and tracking. Her fascination with training dogs and her love of working with people led her to the San Francisco SPCA Hearing Dog Program. She was the Training Supervisor for 8 years, overseeing the selection, care, training and placement of shelter dogs for the Deaf and hearing impaired.

In the late 80ís, through Beckyís obedience contacts, she heard of a new game called Agility and jumped right in! She and her business partner at the time, introduced and promoted agility through teaching classes, doing demonstrations at various events, as well as hosting clinics and competitions.

In 1997 Becky relocated from California to Idaho to work for NADAC. She has traveled extensively with NADACís founder, Sharon Nelson promoting NADAC by hosting FUN-raiser trials and NADAC oriented training camps and seminars. Becky has also represented NADAC in Japan and Australia.

Some of Beckyís Agility accomplishments include training and sharing her life with the first Aussie to earn an ADCH, the first Aussie to earn an agility dual championship (ADCH and a NATCH), and a trip to Switzerland compliments of Pedigree and the USDAA World Agility Team. She has also put a number of NATCHís on a little Corgi/Border Terrier mix called Zoom, her Border Collies Chirp and Bug and her current teammate, a border collie named Mace. Chirp and Bug are both members of NADACís MOD Squad.

Becky says what she loves best about training and teaching is working through problems/puzzles and seeing improvement in understanding between dog and handler teams.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

ricbonner

Re: Becky Woodruff is coming to Texas - NADAC Clinicians Seminar
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
How do we sign up?

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:19 AM »
Email Nadacsharon@aol.com and ask her to put you on the list. 

How do we sign up?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:07:25 PM »
This seminar is almost full.  Contact me asap if you want a spot.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharonb

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:41 AM »
Looking forward to auditing it.  See you soon Becky :)
Sharon
Livingston Tx
Hope & Candy

Desiree

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
Rebel and I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desiree and the Munchkin gang plus one!

Amber Fountain

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
Sharon, did you get the email I sent yesterday? It was pretty early in the morning, and I hadn't had a lot of caffeine yet! :)
Amber, Braddock, and Magic
Round Rock, TX

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 08:40:13 PM »
Sharon, did you get the email I sent yesterday? It was pretty early in the morning, and I hadn't had a lot of caffeine yet! :)

No, I didn't receive anything from you!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Amber Fountain

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
Ack!!! I definitely want to go if there is still room. I'll try to email again.

Round Rock, TX

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 10:26:39 AM »
Ack!!! I definitely want to go if there is still room. I'll try to email again.

You are in and it is full now!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
Working spots are full now!  Breaking news is that Becky might be staying for until the next weekend and doing a NADAC funraiser!!  If the ring is big enough she will be doing S&S runs with it!!!

Very exciting!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Amber Fountain

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
Thank you so much, Sharon! I should know better than to attempt to send an email before my first cup of caffeine! And a Funraiser would be an awesome chance to test our new skills!

Round Rock, TX

Deb Maicach

• Never Ever Give Up
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »
Can't wait to see Becky! Doing a major happy dance here!
Deb Maicach
aka - Crazy IG Lady

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
That clinic is full, but I have two people who haven't sent their deposits yet.  If the deposits are here this week, then I will open those spots up again.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Deb Maicach

• Never Ever Give Up
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33:17 AM »
Sharon - Just making sure that you have payment in full for both myself and Carol Wyatt. Right?
Deb Maicach
aka - Crazy IG Lady