Author Topic: Video Tape(VT) Program - Update  (Read 859 times)

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Video Tape(VT) Program - Update
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:57 PM »
NADAC’s  Video Tape (VT) Program is gaining in popularity and growing by leaps and bounds!  We are very excited about the program and thrilled that it is exceeding our expectations, and filling a need for many of our exhibitors and clubs.

More and more people are getting together and hosting VT “events”.  Clubs are putting together VT runs in the evenings, for class graduations and on weekends where there are no trials.     

Individuals who are restricted by budget constraints, or those with dogs who do not do well with the hustle and bustle of a regular trial, and those who live in remote areas with minimal opportunities to travel can earn qualifying points toward titles via videos of their runs.

While VT runs are a wonderful opportunity for people to run their dogs with special needs, such as fear, space issues or aggressive tendencies, it is important to note that dogs who are on probation or banned from attending NADAC events, may not participate in the VT program.
Becky Woodruff

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Video Tape(VT) Program - Update
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
What is the process for a handler with a dog that has been banned from NADAC to show the dog could run safely in the NADAC VT environment?
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
What is the process for a handler with a dog that has been banned from NADAC to show the dog could run safely in the NADAC VT environment?

They must have signed paperwork from both a trainer and a canine behavioralist that the dog is safe around other dogs and people in a high arousal environment.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

KathieT

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »
I really appreciate the VT program.  I live 300+ miles from the nearest trials.  By the time I kennel 2 of my dogs, fuel, motels, food and entry fees, it's cost prohibitive to travel to very many trials.  This winter, the weather has been a huge factor.  I hope that the wind and moisture are gone so I can start vt again. 

Kathie, Red and Bryn competitors
Gunny and Dee cheering them on
Kathie
Beulah WY