Author Topic: Forum Update  (Read 1717 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Forum Update
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
Hello NADAC people!

Now that everyone has been on the forum for awhile you are all so good;  We are going to request that everyone changes their signature (or appeared username) to reflect their real name.

You don't have to list your full name. First name works perfect.

Hopefully everyone has watched the tutorial video which illustrates this process (along with many other things).   If not I highly suggest it.

If you are having a really hard time changing it just let me know and I can do it for you!  The preferred method is for you to handle it, but I am in a cheerful helping mood 8)

Amy McGovern

Re: Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
Chris, is there a way to make standard signatures?  I have the username set but I'd like a signature and I don't see that in the profile settings.
Amy and the schnauzers

Nancy H

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Stewie JRT-Agility Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
Under Profile-Forum Profile- you will see signature.
Nancy and Skipper JRT

Sionnach

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »
Hello NADAC people!

Now that everyone has been on the forum for awhile you are all so good;  We are going to request that everyone changes their signature (or appeared username) to reflect their real name.

Just to clarify - if we have a SIGNATURE which gives our real name, are we also required to change the user name? (Although if I wanted to get technical about it, my "user name" IS my real last name.... in Scots Gaelic. ;-D) 
Sarah F
Cenau Goch - Novice Versatility, Novice Triple Superior, Novice All-Around; S-OAC,  O-OCC, S-OJC, O-TNG-O,  S-WV-O, S-TN-O, S-HP-O; EAC, O-EJC, O-TN-E
Cerys Coesau - NAC, NCC, NJC, TNG-N, O-TN-N
Always in my memory: Brenin, Morag Thistledown, & Rocsi Cadarn, w/far too many titles to list....

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

Just to clarify - if we have a SIGNATURE which gives our real name, are we also required to change the user name? (Although if I wanted to get technical about it, my "user name" IS my real last name.... in Scots Gaelic. ;-D)

If you have a signature you are golden.

If your username contains your name you are golden.

If anywhere in your 'area' when you post we can see some sort of identifying marker...you are golden.

jennyrobinson

• Run As One Agility
Forum Update
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Can I just throw in my $0.02?  This forum is most excellent!  I downloaded the app for my phone and am super excited about the accessibility/ease of replying to posts/etc.  Look out world; this geek is STOKED!!! :-)
Jenny Robinson
Cooper, Casey, & Grizzly

Debra Slattery

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
I would also like to say I think the forum is awesome!  I know there are a few unhappy people still over on Yahoo, but I personally think this is way easier to navigate and easier to read only posts I'm interested in.  Love it. Nice job and great decision!
Debra

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
Just checking to see how golden I am.
Adding a signature myself...will get an "auto" one one of these days (maybe!).

Diane

LJKing

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
Someone wrote on the yahoo list that there's a way to get posts from the clubs' list (I'm a club rep). I can't figure it out. Could someone (or our fearless leader, Chris) point me in the right direction? (I just realized that Chris probably won't get the allusion to Rocky and Bullwinkle, but I'm sure some of you will .)

Thanks!

Lynda
Lynda King

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
You can use Rocky and Bullwinkle quotes if I get to use Secret Squirrel ;)

In your profile under account settings is a place called 'Membergroups'

From there you can request to be added to the different groups and once approved a couple new boards will magically appear 8)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
You can use Rocky and Bullwinkle quotes if I get to use Secret Squirrel ;)

OMG, I almost died laughing on that one!!  Good one, Chris.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility