Author Topic: Seminar with Amanda and Sunny in Reno, NV  (Read 1785 times)

Salli Dulco

Seminar with Amanda and Sunny in Reno, NV
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
I personally want to thank Amanda and Sunny for spending 3 wonderful days with all of us at the seminar held at the home of mdt/AA. I think we all walked away with directional handling skills for the novice through the elite dogs from their lessons and personal time spent with each of us this weekend. The group of handlers and dogs ranged from Novice to Elite and we all encouraged each other as we progressed from foundational work through some distance handling skills. The weather was beautiful, the bbq's on Saturday and Sunday were fun, the camraderie was great, and our dogs were very patient with us as we learned to communicate better with them through praise and drawing a clearer path for them to follow! Kudos to Amanda and Sunny for sharing your skills and insight with all of us! Thank you Lin and Greg for opening your home to the rowdy bunch of us over this wonderful, beautiful weekend! It was fun!

Thanks!
Salli & Ron Dulco
Paris and Zeke
Salli Dulco

Kathy Phelan

Re: Seminar with Amanda and Sunny in Reno, NV
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
The seminar was one of the best I've been to. Both Amanda and Sunny are wonderful clinicians!! They work well together and make a great team. I especially benefitted from their directness when critiquing my handling. I'll sign up for another seminar with them any time.

Lin and Greg Battaglia were amazing hosts - what a beautiful place they have! All the dogs were fun and the handlers who participated were terrific. I especially appreciated how welcoming everyone was. NADAC folks are the best! - Kathy Phelan
Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »
Ditto!  A great time with great instructors and wonderful people and dogs.  Thank you, Amanda and Sunny, for your patience and insight, and thanks to Lin and Greg Battaglia for hosting this seminar.  Never give up on your dog and never give up on yourself!

Sheila & Zephyr & Mariah
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:05:44 AM by Sheila & the Shelties »
Sheila & the Shelties

Mary Kapner

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »
For me, this seminar was the "ultimate".  How lucky we were in having "two" of the top handlers in this entire country guiding us!  I can't thank Lin and Greg Battaglia enough for setting up this wonderful experience.  And it was so much "fun"! 

Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Kelly Wilson

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
This was my first seminar and it was a wonderful experience.  Amanda and Sunny were very patient with all of us while teaching us to Dance With The Stars.  No one will forget the Quick Quick Quick move we learned.  We learned how to stretch ourselves and trust our dogs.  I will try to remember how pretty my dogs are and not have to admire them while we run.  Lin and Greg were so welcoming to everyone and put on a wonderful lunch BBQ.  Thanks Greg for manning the grill.  I will definitely sign up for another seminar with Amanda or Sunny.

Kelly Wilson
Journey and Kya
Kelly Wilson
Journey, Kya, & Indie

Cindy Bell

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
Yes the weekend events were spectacular to say the least.  Great fun, great company and fantastic instruction.     This is my second seminar but with an addition to my pack,  Mr. Coupe de Bell.    And all I can say is Wow!   I'm grateful everyday for what Nadac  & what my pups have brought into my life.   You all know who you are so Thank you, Thank you!
Amanda & Sunny were absolutely fantastic and if there is another opportunity to attend again, count us in.
Cindy Bell

Team Twodog

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
This seminar was not just one of the best I've been to, it was THE best. I had just about reached the conclusion that seminars weren't really worth the effort and expense, but Amanda and Sunny's well paced and well thought out approach completely turned my thinking around on the value of the experience.

I especially liked the emphasis on knowing your performance criteria and sticking to them. Before we were allowed to do any distance work, A&S had us all run our dogs over a dogwalk to see what the performance looked like. Then they emphasized that you can't even start working on distance until your dog has consistent, reliable performance on individual obstacles. Then we did some other stuff and eventually called it a day. The next morning, we ran a sequence that included a dog walk, after which Sunny observed, "Hmmm, I saw very few examples of dogs giving the same contact performance as they did yesterday." Indeed.  And why might that be? (Exercise left for the reader.)

I also liked the emphasis on finding any and every opportunity to tell a dog that he's doing the right thing. This is a life skill that can be used all day every day, not just in agility.

Lin and Greg were wonderful hosts too. On a seminar scale of 1 to 10, I give this one a near-perfect 9 (point removed for the desert heat...I'm still nursing my charred skin back to life  8) )

Kim
Kim

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
I'm just now seeing this string.  I have to say Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!  This was also my first seminar and I can't tell you how much I took away from it.  I will definitely take another seminar with Amanda and/or Sunny... they are awesome!  Thank you so much for sharing your wealth of knowledge with the us.

The weather was very nice, the people were great and the dogs were awesome... every one of them!  And thank you Greg and Lin for hosting the seminar and for the great BBQ!

Paulette & Cody
Paulette Couture
Cody (West Highland White Terrier): All Around Natch 2, NATCh 14, Vers NATCh 13, 12,500 Lifetime Points

Loki - Just beginning his agility career