Author Topic: Speed & Stakes Trial  (Read 728 times)

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Speed & Stakes Trial
« on: February 28, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »
Could somebody please explain what to expect at the Speed and Stakes Trial fun-raiser being offered in April in Elk Grove?
I keep getting asked about it, and frankly, I don't know what to answer, only that I am going, and I expect to have fun!

Thanks!
Jeff L.

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
Re: Speed & Stakes Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
I don't know how much we're supposed to say, but the easiest way to explain it is Stakes at a trial.  I thought it was a lot of fun and hope I can get to another one eventually.
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
I don't know how much we're supposed to say, but the easiest way to explain it is Stakes at a trial.  I thought it was a lot of fun and hope I can get to another one eventually.

Is it a secret?  Is it supposed to be a surprise?  I was curious too.  I believe it's been mentioned somewhere on the Forum, but I can't find it.   :P
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
There are no secrets.  That is how rumors get started!!

It has a whole lot more to do with a total lack of time for everything that needs to get done.  I will do a full writeup this weekend.

Those that entered S&S in Phoenix were people that are good at Chances and have tried bonuses.  So it worked great.  It is not for anyone just wanting to try something new.  Distance is a MAJOR requirement!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »
There are no secrets.  That is how rumors get started!!

It has a whole lot more to do with a total lack of time for everything that needs to get done.  I will do a full writeup this weekend.

Those that entered S&S in Phoenix were people that are good at Chances and have tried bonuses.  So it worked great.  It is not for anyone just wanting to try something new.  Distance is a MAJOR requirement!!

Sharon

I know it's not a secret, but I didn't want to be giving any incorrect information, since I don't know it all!  Glad there will be a write up soon!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:08:29 PM by Rebecca Kriz »
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »
Thanks! I have been asked but am not qualified to  answer. I look forward to the write up.
Jeff L.

BetsieCorwin

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »
Looking forward to more details.  I'm planning ahead for April trial at Elk Grove and printed the premium but other than the comment on the front page, I can't tell what exactly is involved or what skills we need. 
Betsie Corwin
Oakdale, CA

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
From what I understand, if you have a good CHANCES dog you will do fine. Distance but not like BONUS LINES.

LinB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »
From what I understand, if you have a good CHANCES dog you will do fine. Distance but not like BONUS LINES.

LinB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is exactly like bonus runs, only tougher than a normal weekend.  The "normal" Regular run might have 20 obstacles and the S&S course might have 26-28, all done from a bonus box.

S&S is like Championships, not like Chances!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
Looking forward to more details.  I'm planning ahead for April trial at Elk Grove and printed the premium but other than the comment on the front page, I can't tell what exactly is involved or what skills we need.

If you are thinking about doing bonuses or someday entering Starter Stakes at Championships, it is a great place to enter.  The S&S courses are tougher than the normal Elite runs.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »
Sorry, thought I read that some where. Is there a written explanation and sample course/courses posted somewhere and I missed it ? Can't wait to see what it is. Lots of people had fun with it in Phoenix !

LinB

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
Sorry, thought I read that some where. Is there a written explanation and sample course/courses posted somewhere and I missed it ? Can't wait to see what it is. Lots of people had fun with it in Phoenix !

LinB

Yes, there is a sticky topic called "Speed and Stakes Trials" and it explains what a Speed and Stakes trial is.  Sometimes other topics get started and it gets off base from the original data posted by the NADAC office.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility