Author Topic: Barb Davis' Katie  (Read 556 times)

Laurel Manning

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Barb Davis' Katie
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
Long time agility competitor Barb Davis has lost her Golden Retriever, Katie.  Adopted at four months, she lived to ten and a half.  Those who saw her run agility frequently remarked how happy Katie was.  Katie loved NADAC!  She lived life to the fullest.  She survived Valley Fever, which went to her brain; a broken leg; a rattlesnake bite; and back surgery; but could not beat cancer, which took her life.  Barb e-mail address is:  bdavis129@cox.net       Laurel Manning
Laurel Manning

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Barb Davis' Katie
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
Long time agility competitor Barb Davis has lost her Golden Retriever, Katie.  Adopted at four months, she lived to ten and a half.  Those who saw her run agility frequently remarked how happy Katie was.  Katie loved NADAC!  She lived life to the fullest.  She survived Valley Fever, which went to her brain; a broken leg; a rattlesnake bite; and back surgery; but could not beat cancer, which took her life.  Barb e-mail address is:  bdavis129@cox.net       Laurel Manning

Laurel, you are so right!  All one has to do is say "Barb and Katie" and you see smiles and wags and pure joy!  Katie overcame many obstacles in her life and during her journey she always had her awesome Golden smile and wags of happiness!  I am so sorry that Barb has lost such a bright shining light in her life.  They were a picture of such happiness and joy through the years.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Dear Barb and Laurel, we are so sorry to hear of sweet KATIE's passing. They were a joyful team to watch, always happy to be together anywhere anytime. They truly set a great example for everyone to follow. Thank you for giving her such a wonderful life.

Lin and GregB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoabDiane

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
Even though Barb (and the rest of us) knew this day was coming, we always hoped it never would!
Such joy in life - personified in Katie dearest, and loved so much by Barb.
Hugs to all.  (sniff, sniff)

diane

Billie Rosen

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
Barb and Katie have been long time favorites in the Arizona agility scene.  We will miss Katie so much!!!
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this - I always loved watching Barb and Katie play.

Take care, Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large