Author Topic: Border crossing with dog  (Read 2585 times)

Foomin Z

Re: Border crossing with dog
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
That's interesting - I just recently read another comment from a person who showed the premium, I think, to the customs person.  Good idea to take the premium and your confirmations as well as the doggie documents.
The QC guard didn't want the premium, even though I had that too. He specifically asked for the document that had my name included, "inviting" me to Canada. I was shocked he had that much awareness of dog shows.

Margaret Daunt

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:58 AM »
Anyone have issues crossing the border with raw food for their dogs? thanks! Margaret 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:55:48 PM by msdjja »
~Margaret
~Lexie & Abby

Joyce Roessner

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »
I cross quite often with raw food, and have never (touch wood) had a problem yet.  I try to be aware if there are any restrictions at the time (for example, a few years ago beef was a big no-no), and I think last year goat was a problem.  I do know people that have had it taken away but I've been lucky so far. 
Joyce Roessner
Calgary, Alberta

Pam Kaye

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:38 PM »
i've never had a problem, either.  Since most of my problems have been with US customs, I make sure that I am not bringing food back with me and can say they've eaten it all up while we were in Canada. 

Pam Kaye
Cash, Cirrus and Flame
Sequim, WA

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »
Just reporting back.  Thanks to everyone who did respond to my initial question.

Both ways it took about 40 minutes in line to get through the process.

Going into Canada, I handed my passport and a Rabies certificate to the agent.  He asked me to roll down the back window so that he could see the dog.  Cocoa travels in a harness.   He asked if I had any weapons or guns with me.  I answered no.   He also asked where I was going.  A bag of kibble was visible.  There were no more questions.

Coming back into the US, I handed my passport and rabies certificate the the agent.  He asked if I had anything to declare.  I answered no.  He also asked where I had been and I answered that.   We were waved through.

It was very very simple.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Joyce Roessner

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »
It really depends on the customs agent you get  :-)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Joyce Roessner
Calgary, Alberta