Author Topic: Thank You Sharon for S&S  (Read 647 times)

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Thank You Sharon for S&S
« on: April 28, 2014, 03:20:39 PM »
Thank you Sharon for bringing S&S to Elk Grove this past weekend.  We had a blast with it!  There was a great mix of dogs and handlers -- corgis to BCs -- young dogs and double digit dogs out there doing the big distance and working it for speed!
It was great to hear your dog's name called for speed OR for stakes percentages, but it was absolutely AWESOME to hear your dog's name called for BOTH!!!  Congratulations to all who gave it a go!  NADAC people are the best!
Jeff L.

luvmyshelties

Re: Thank You Sharon for S&S
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Sharon,

I second the Thanks started by Jeff.  We really enjoyed the weekend.  Great group of folks out to play and some fun new stuff to try with Speed and Stakes.  I haven't concentrated on box or line work in a long time and I enjoyed the challenges and even with some weaknesses and issues we need to work on - it was fun to have some things come together that I didn't think would.  It was wonderful to end up with a couple good runs that earned points.  Everyone I watched doing S@S was having a wonderful time and really improving their timing as well with some very successful runs. (or at least parts of runs-vbg)

Thanks for making the trip down and your time to give us this opportunity.  We are really looking forward to another chance to play this game again soon.

Best Regards,

Susan Rappillus
WAG, Inc.

DataHound

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »
Sharon

Totally agree with Jeff and Susan. S&S is exactly what I have been looking for. Seems with most of the bonus lines/boxes courses I see there is always one part that I say "No way!" and then am hesitant to try especially since you can't Q unless it is a perfect run. I loved the S&S courses and there really wasn't anything that I felt was impossible and being able to get Q without being perfect was a big plus.  It was really fun. I felt we improved after the first day and that we could continue to improve with more oppurtunities to do S&S trials so I hope this program grows. I think it is a great addition.

Thanks!

Sandy, Sammy and Flyin' Flynn

Mary Kapner

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »
Although I wasn't a participant, watching my friends and their great dogs hammer down on those S&S was thrilling.  Thanks so much for making this new NADAC challenge possible! 
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Peter Vogel

• Judge
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »
Sharon,

The S&S trial this past weekend in Elk Grove was a huge success!  It was almost as much fun as a champs week.  Everyone commented about how much fun we all had - and how much we learned.  Personally I really enjoyed having a big group of us doing big distance (I think we had 13 dogs entered) and all of the teams had some really great moments!

When is the next S&S trial?

Peter
Peter Vogel

BetsieCorwin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »
It was such fun to watch all the S & S teams give it a go in Elk Grove this past weekend.  Kudos to all those who stepped up to try this new variation on the game.  I think we've got a lot of wonderful distance teams in our area.  So inspiring to watch them.
Betsie Corwin
Oakdale, CA

jldillard

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »
I would also like to thank Sharon for the Elk Grove S&S trial, it was a blast! We had such a great time and everyone was so friendly and welcoming to the out of stater:) What a great group of people and dogs.........the facility is awesome as well. Thanks again to all!

Jodi D & The Crew