Author Topic: Fire in San Marcos  (Read 668 times)

Anne Etherton

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Fire in San Marcos
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »
We are at least three miles from where the fire is still burning.  As a precaution last night Ron loaded up our vehicles, but this morning the fire is still not near, really going away.  Not surprising the first couple people to check on us were NADAC friends.  I hope others in multiple areas around San Diego County are safe.
Anne

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
Re: Fire in San Marcos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
Just heard the news last night and realized it was in your area. It's good to know you and the dogs are safe. Please keep us  posted Ann.

Lin and GregB

MoabDiane

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
What a good man that Ron guy is!  Precautions will help keep it away.

Safe thoughts for you and everyone else in the area.

diane

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »
Stay safe, thinking of you guys ... glad you are prepared to leave if you need to ....
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

Phyllis Sanders

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 07:29:14 PM »
Stay safe you guys.

Phyllis
Phyllis Sanders

DeafSheltieMom

• Course builder
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
Yeah...  I checked in with Anne first thing, 'cause I knew the Cocos fire in San Marcos started just on the other side of the freeway from where they live.  It looks like the fire is heading in a different direction from where they live, but there are still many more people and homes in harms way.  At least the winds have died down, and now the heat is starting to break, too.   I hope that will help the firefighters get a handle on this inferno.  Prayers to all who have been affected.  We are with you.

-dayle in Poway (NE of san diego, SE of San Marcos)
-Dayle Shimamura
 Mom to Alva, Hutch and Tesla

Rsquared

• Scooter's Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 06:53:35 AM »
Glad you guys are safe, Anne!

So far, North San Diego County has been hit hardest by the fires.  Down south here in Bonita the air is pretty free of ash and smoke.  However, we had some CRAZY Santa Ana winds that were blowing so hard they managed to flip my steel agility teeter totter!  It felt like I was in a hurricane except it was hot and dry as could be--conditions for the perfect firestorm--and not very reassuring when you live at the top of a canyon...  This is the time of year where we typically have "May gray" with lots of cool, overcast days.  This feels like our typical October weather, but at it's worst.

Cooler temperatures are predicted for this weekend.  Keeping fingers crossed...
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Mary Kapner

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »
Two teens have been arrested for setting brush fires -- it is not known yet if they are responsible for any of these big fire.  Praying for all who are affected.
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"