Author Topic: NADAC - Tennessee  (Read 2616 times)

racecar4545

NADAC - Tennessee
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »
I will be moving to TN and I'm looking for clubs that provide both training and trials near my new home which is about 1 hour west of Knoxville.  I've used Agilityevents.net to locate trials but I'm wondering if there are more venues/training facilities not listed in this site. 

Thanks in advance!

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: NADAC - Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:15 AM »
Karen Echternacht can help you with that...as I'm sure others can as well.  I will message her on FB and ask her to be sure to check this out.  Hope you like Tennessee!
Lee Anne

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:52:26 AM »
Go to the K9Sports of Tennessee web site.  They have been hosting 3 NADAC trials per year.

http://www.k9sportstn.com

Glad to have you.  There is also the Never a Dull Moment who has had trials in NE Tennessee.  And if you use the NADAC.com trial search for TN, NC, AL you will turn up more trials.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »
So who is racecar4545?

Just curious--my dog Dega (puppy #3 in the litter) is named (in a convoluted way) after Dale Earnhardt...
Vicki Storrs

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »
I will be moving to TN and I'm looking for clubs that provide both training and trials near my new home which is about 1 hour west of Knoxville.  I've used Agilityevents.net to locate trials but I'm wondering if there are more venues/training facilities not listed in this site. 

Thanks in advance!
You say you've used Agilityevents.net.  I'm not sure that all NADAC trials are listed there if that's what you're looking for.  Have you used the NADAC website?    www.nadac.com  Click on Exhibitor resources and scroll down to Find a NADAC Club.  Also, all trials are listed under the Events tab.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
So who is racecar4545?

Just curious--my dog Dega (puppy #3 in the litter) is named (in a convoluted way) after Dale Earnhardt...

Is Dega for Talladega?
Lee Anne

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
You got it LeeAnne.  Dega was the "dominator" in his litter and my husband (since he was pretty sure I wouldn't go for the obvious name of Dale) said Dale dominated at Talladega.  The pup had to have the kennel name and the word Storm in his registered name, so he is CH Rough Seas' Talladega Storm.
Vicki Storrs

Karen Echternacht

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »
Racecar, hollah at me when you get settled in Knoxville. I'm in West Knox and can fill you in on all the happenings and such.  865-604-1565

racecar4545

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies!  This has been helpful.  I use racecar as my online name as I'm originally from Indianapolis (the 500); my name is Leslie.  I'm a new handler and have now completed 3 trials with my Cavalier, Gus.  However, I've been around NADAC trials for 11 years as my daughter has run both Bob and Bea. 

Karen, I will call you in Knoxville -- I think you may know my daughter who has trailed in IL, IN, KY and with the Franklin, TN club  :)

Leslie

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
You got it LeeAnne.  Dega was the "dominator" in his litter and my husband (since he was pretty sure I wouldn't go for the obvious name of Dale) said Dale dominated at Talladega.  The pup had to have the kennel name and the word Storm in his registered name, so he is CH Rough Seas' Talladega Storm.
Don't know how come I'm just seeing this, but I love the story and the name.  You will love Karen.  I'm in Virginia so maybe we will.cross paths at some point.  Good luck!
Lee Anne

Karen Echternacht

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »
Bea the border collie?  ;-)

bhodges865

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
There is also a small club in Chattanooga area, Chattapaws, that usually has a spring and fall trial.  Their fall trial is in Oct. 2014.  Never a Dull Moment didn't have any shows this year  :(  Hopefully they will resume next year!!
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN

Jackie Brasen

NADAC - Tennessee
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
Hooray! Chatapaws is having their fall trial after all! In Mcdonald TN (near Chattanooga) October 11-12. :-)
For the moment K9Sports still hosts three NADAC trials a year February and December in Murfressboro, September in Franklin. Huntsville AL usually has two a year April & November. RuFF in KY has Jan, April, June, October in La Grange (near Louisville), August in Bowling Green, and November in Versailles (near Lexington). NADM is taking the year off but plans to be back next year. they usually do a handful of trials as well. Im not as familiar with the Virginia trials, Karen will help you out there. And sadly the few that were in the Atlanta area seem to have also gone away. Depending on how much travel you like to do for trials there are options. For NADAC specific training... that is harder to come by, have you ever considered training with an online instructor? Lisa Bonker and Amanda Nelson both come to mind as having online class options, and of course Sharon Nelson has her year round online training forum right here. :-)
Hope that helps, if you've got any questions Karen can't help with I might know where to find the answer, feel free to email anytime:
jrbrasen at gmail dot com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:30:45 PM by Jackie Brasen »
mom to the TN Shedding Wonders