Author Topic: Moving Equipment  (Read 821 times)

Alanna Leach

Moving Equipment
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »
Hi,

I am looking for opinions, ideas, recommendations for the best way to use wheels for my aluminum A-Frame.  Does anyone have a 'Move It', if so ... do you like it?  If you have innovative ways you have attached wheels to an A-Frame (I am thinking of the Jumping Chollas equipment), would you mind sharing pictures with me.  Feel free to email to avalonagility@shaw.ca.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Alanna Leach
Avalon Agility
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Alanna Leach

Lynn in VT

Re: Moving Equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »
Alana --

I have a Move It and I am now able to set up an agility course all by myself!  I have similar balloon wheels on my dog walk, so both of my contacts glide well in grass as well as in a horse arena. 

I have tried other ways of putting my A-frame on wheels, but they all required lifting some portion of it, and the wheels were not as adaptable to different surfaces than the Move It.

The Move It was expensive, but it has allowed me far more use of my A-frame than if I did not have it.  I have not had one second of buyer's remorse!

Lynn
Lynn in VT
& Mia & Zodi & Redi

Pam Kaye

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
My (extremely heavy) aframe came with wheels.  The maker apparently thought they would make it easy to move.  They didn't.  The wheels fold under, and they tend to do that WAY too often (like when you're trying to wheel the thing around).  They might be fine on grass.  I don't have grass to try that out on.

So I finally bought the Move It.  As Lynn says, it was expensive, but it is well worth it.  The aframe moves nicely now, even on a relatively soft dirt/sand surface in the horse barn I use for lessons.
Pam Kaye
Cash and Cirrus
Sequim, WA

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:46:08 AM »
I bought a Move-It back when NADAC went to slat less aflame and dog walk.  I figured it was a lot cheaper than back surgery <grin>.  My only regret is that I did not get the stainless steel version. 
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

Lynn in VT

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »
Yes, stainless steel was quite a bit more $$, but it turned out to be worth it for me.    I leave it out from spring to late fall and I use it in a barn through the winter -- it's in as good condition as when I bought it several years ago.  I figured the extra $$ for the SS would eventually pay off, and I think it has already.

Lynn
Lynn in VT
& Mia & Zodi & Redi

Wendi

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »
I have a Move-It for my A-frame and absolutely love it.  I have no problems wheeling my A-frame around the backyard on grassy surfaces by myself.

Wendi in ND