Author Topic: Agility dog toe injury study  (Read 1122 times)

KathieT

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Agility dog toe injury study
« on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »
 http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/researchVCS/agilityToes.aspx

I  just saw this study on facebook.  I have never had a toe injury but maybe someone would like to participate.

Kathie
Kathie
Beulah WY

Mary Kapner

Re: Agility dog toe injury study
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
Read the same story on my FB page.  I do assume this is the main reason Sharon eliminated slates.  My assumption.
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:30 PM »
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/researchVCS/agilityToes.aspx

I  just saw this study on facebook.  I have never had a toe injury but maybe someone would like to participate.

Kathie

Yes, please participate!!  Anyone with any experience with toe injuries, send them the data.

When the study first started, NADAC was excluded and it was only open to AKC and USDAA participants.  But now they have willingly opened it up to all dog exhibitors and welcome all dog agility participants.

So help them with any info you have!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Team Twodog

Agility dog toe injury study
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »
The graduate student behind this study is the awesome Kat of Kat and Dazzle fame, well known to agility folks in the Pacific Northwest from her years as an exceptionally talented junior handler in NADAC (as well as other venues). I was very happy to learn recently that she is now studying to be a vet. We will all be the beneficiaries of that career decision!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:22:46 AM by Team Twodog »
Kim

Crystal Young

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »
My Durango suffered a severe toe injury. Survey done. Thanks for posting this. Not sure how my experience will help but you never know! Again thanks.

Crystal Young
Crystal Young
Owned and loved by the Gray Ghost
NATCH 6 V-NATCH 6 All Around NATCH 2 Durango
Helena  MT

KathieT

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:45:16 PM »
You're welcome.  Any information is helpful.

Kathie
Kathie
Beulah WY

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »
Sharon I had in the old days three dogs with injuries...not particularly of toes but hyper extended ligaments in the front legs that then allowed the toes to go sideways. I know it was the slates that caused these injuries. At 16" those dogs every time repeatedly hit a slat, so should I get into the study ? Those dogs are all gone now.

Thanks so much for getting rid of those nasty old slats and giving us rubber covered contracts. 

LinB