Author Topic: NADAC philosophy  (Read 6003 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: NADAC philosophy
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
Yes, Lisa, I did laugh!!  And I will still look at you with "the look" when you complain that obstacles are in your way!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Concerning path work, I tried very hard when starting Bella to draw her path.  And then I had one of those light bulb moments in an early Novice jumpers run.  I looked to check my position and then to check hers and there she was, right between me and the jump standard.  And then I saw my hand, down at my side, not drawing the path over the jump.  So I did a mental WahHoo and we just did a little circle to get back on course.  Love path work.

Janice Shavor
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
Gizmo is my first agility dog we had been training for 3 years. I knew Giz was a great dog for agility but I could just to get the most out of him or understand why he would miss a jump.  When Billy asked me if I wanted to know what I was doing wrong I jumped at the chance. I will never forget the the first thing she said was you have to draw the path. You are just flinging him in the general direction of the jump. At that has made all the difference. We still have a long way but we are now a working team.
It not the dogs fault stupid!

Don Cuda

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »
Nice post Sharon and so true.
Don
Don Cuda