Author Topic: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)  (Read 8288 times)

Rose

• My YouTube Channel
Re: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »
Comes up fine in Firefox.  The red font on the purple background is difficult to read.  The rest are fine, although sticking with white for most of the text would probably be easiest on the eye.  It would also make the highlighted words really pop!
Rose Kirwan

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »
Sounds good.

Now we just need to get some stuff to put in there :)

Phyllis Sanders

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
The white letters on purple background shows up great for my ancient eyes.

Phyllis Sanders
Phyllis Sanders

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
I have a few other thoughts.  Rather than having separate date buttons, I would simply have a section that would list all the updates such as:

FUTURE CHANGES

Effective 07/01/2012   At the startline, competitors must "Tebow" to the judge to show they are ready to run.

Effective 07/01/2012   If the judge is Chris Nelson, you must also "Tebow" at the end of the run, as well as the "Tebow" at the beginning of the run.

Effective 08/24/2012   Chris Nelson's birthday; bring presents and money

CHANGES IN EFFECT 2012

Currently in effect, change made March 2012   Competitor must inform the judge they intend to do a bonus run; bonus runs will be done first.

Currently in effect; change made February 2012   All dogs must have at least one spot of purple to run at Championships.

All changes made in 2010 and before are currently in the rulebook. The changes noted above are also in the rulebook and are highlighted in red.  After the changes have been in effect for one year, the changes will be in the rulebook but will no longer be highlighted in red.   You can find the Rulebook for NADAC competitors at NADAC Rulebook

This way you would at most only click one button, if they are organized as they currently are by date button, you would have to click on each date to see the change.  And as it is now, there is no clue as to what the change is until you click the button.  There is also no indication as to what is a change that is already in effect,  and what changes will take place in the future. 

This way you can scroll down by date (future chronological date changes going forward, and current changes listed by latest date first and going backwards.

As mentioned in a previous post, the changes would remain up a certain period of time (whatever NADAC determines) and them they will disappear from the update section and go into the rule book.  Perhaps a notice can go in the Update section that the changes will remain up for a certain period of time before being removed to the rule book, and then include a link to the rule book.

BTW, I didn't see a tab for the rulebook on the update page.

These are all suggestions and just my thoughts.  Please feel free to use or not, and I hope others have input as well.

Respectfully submitted,
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:53:24 PM by Sheila & the Shelties »
Sheila & the Shelties

Heidi Konesko

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
funny! Re: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
Laughing at Sheila's proposed rules!!
Heidi in NH with Hi Jack and newbie Maybelle
Sophie, Molly, and Penny waiting at the Bridge

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »
All still sounds good to me.   

I am not much of a organized thinker.   So the suggestions are appreciated.

Rulebook should be able to get up there.   Just have to learn a couple things about pdf files and webpages

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »

Rulebook should be able to get up there.   Just have to learn a couple things about pdf files and webpages

Not saying your idea is not workable.  Just my ideas and another way to think of it.  I'm interested in what others think, as I know the perspective of others helps to come up with new ideas.

Glad you like my proposed rules, Heidi!   How about a big raise for Chris for doing all this work?  Proposed effective date: immediately!
Sheila & the Shelties

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 04:27:30 AM »
I like Sheila's idea (and rules!).  Just being able to "see the list" makes sense to me.  New things go at the top of the list with their dates.  I really don't think the list would get that long that it would take much scrolling.  If people have to click on buttons they will miss things.  My two cents worth.   8)

Not saying your idea is not workable.  Just my ideas and another way to think of it.  I'm interested in what others think, as I know the perspective of others helps to come up with new ideas.

Glad you like my proposed rules, Heidi!   How about a big raise for Chris for doing all this work?  Proposed effective date: immediately!
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Caseyyogi

• Trial Secretary
Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 06:47:59 AM »
The magenta color seems too bright and makes me not want to read. The speed seemed ok on my ipad.  Casey

Donna Fernandez

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
I like everything about it! It will be a great resource!

Donna with Cotton and Barney (sorry if this repeats - can't remember if I have a signature line set up!!)
Donna with Cotton and Barney

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
I just looked - the middle two colors were difficult to read, the first and last were fine.

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Anne Etherton

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
I had no problem reading it.  I think I'd like a bit more muted, but i really like what you're doing.  Love the fast updates on points.  Thank you!

Anne
Anne