Author Topic: Champs, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the Man in the Purple Hat  (Read 2710 times)

SpringCrew

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • NADAC Addict
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q6Qb7Pb1tw&feature=youtu.be

I was issued the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by Ron Young.  I understand the Ice Bucket Challenge and the good it is doing to raise awareness of ALS.  The rules as I understand them are to accept the challenge and either pour ice water on my head or donate to ALS.  I know lots of people dump the water and donate, but some just dump the water.  I am choosing to add my own twist.  Unfortunately this terrible disease has personally touched my life.  It removed a wonderful man from my life, Becky’s Uncle Bob who was a true gentleman and “my uncle” as well.  So I am not going to dump water on my head but I wrote a $100 check to ALS.  I know people then issue a challenge to friends to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.  My twist is that I will not challenge anyone to perform the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.  Instead, I issue a challenge to all my friends to pledge/donate to ALS.  Once my friends pledge $500 to ALS, I will perform the Ice Bucket Challenge.  If my friends pledge over $1000 I will perform a second Ice Bucket Challenge at the 2014 NADAC Championships, I have Sharon Nelson’s permission.  The dump at Champs will have to be at a time that it doesn’t interfere with running of Champs, I wouldn’t do it there otherwise.   You can email or private message via Facebook or the NADAC Forum me if you don’t want to put you donation here.  Thanks for you support.
Tim Spring
If you aren't having fun you're not playing NADAC!

TheQuestKnight

• I'm a Marxist: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo
Re: Champs, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the Man in the Purple Hat
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »
OK, Tim......................I'm in.........................where do I send the check???

I'm in for $25................................and I know that ALL of Castle Camelot will help dump ice water all over me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do my best to get a video and post it to YouTube.com...........................

Now........................I'd like to challenge three good friends..........................my dear friends, Becky Woodruff......................Lisa Bonker...........................and Lin Battaglia...........................

Hugs & wags from Castle Camelot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al, Barb, Gael, Pelli & Katie

Castle Camelot: Al, Barb, Dred, Gael & Pellinore . . . and from The Bridge Grill & Pub,  Kali, Flurry, Promise, Chico, Romulus, Trix and Tony.

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 04:48:48 AM »
Thanks Al.

Here is a link to do donations online:
https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2;jsessionid=9BF22DE6BFD00A7BBC98225CED52F433.app277b?df_id=27420&27420.donation=form1

Here is a link for the form to send it via mail to do it via mail
http://web.alsa.org/site/DocServer/Offline_Donation_Form_National_2014.pdf;jsessionid=F3C38DD97637D8EF7C34B558427247D3.app277b?docID=114162

Just to be clear I'm not challenging anyone to perform the challenge.  Feel free to do it but I was never one to like the idea of putting people on the spot to do things.  This is just my own off center way of responding.  I decided that raise the $500/$1000 might be doable if 50/100 friends gave $10.  I got some nice response to challenge on Facebook and I know many people have already given to the challenge.

Thanks again Al.

Tim
Tim Spring

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
Ok, Tim, I am in for $100.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

TheQuestKnight

• I'm a Marxist: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »
Hi Tim.............

THANKS for the online donations link..............................we'll take care of that part of the challenge this afternoon...........................

I enlisted the help of my wife, Barb...............................and she commented that it was so much FUN that she is doubling our $25 donation to $50!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know that it's not your style to put folks on the spot; but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do......................and we all do it differently! <VBG>  It doesn't seem as though I'm 44 years removed from the start of my college years; but I was ALWAYS "up" for silly & goofy for a good cause back then...........................and even though I've gotten older, I really haven't matured all THAT much!!!!!! <LOL>

Barb had FUN..........................and after mowing a good chunk of our lawn in this morning's heat and sweltering humidity, getting drenched with ice and ice water actually felt pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, here's the link to the video........................enjoy! <VBG>

Thanks Al.

Here is a link to do donations online:
https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2;jsessionid=9BF22DE6BFD00A7BBC98225CED52F433.app277b?df_id=27420&27420.donation=form1

Here is a link for the form to send it via mail to do it via mail
http://web.alsa.org/site/DocServer/Offline_Donation_Form_National_2014.pdf;jsessionid=F3C38DD97637D8EF7C34B558427247D3.app277b?docID=114162

Just to be clear I'm not challenging anyone to perform the challenge.  Feel free to do it but I was never one to like the idea of putting people on the spot to do things.  This is just my own off center way of responding.  I decided that raise the $500/$1000 might be doable if 50/100 friends gave $10.  I got some nice response to challenge on Facebook and I know many people have already given to the challenge.

Thanks again Al.

Tim
Castle Camelot: Al, Barb, Dred, Gael & Pellinore . . . and from The Bridge Grill & Pub,  Kali, Flurry, Promise, Chico, Romulus, Trix and Tony.

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
Thanks for the links, Tim.  Done!  Hugs to you and Becky.
Lee Anne

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
Nice job Al.   :)  You are right Barb did seem to really enjoy that.  I think growing up is overrated.  Yes we must be responsible citizens some times but never let the kid totally disappear.  Looks like the first of my challenges will be met so I will be getting wet soon.  May wait till this coming weekend, got to get my plans in place. 

Tim
Tim Spring

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Tim, you never cease to amaze me as to your creative ways!  Done in memory of my sweet Dax!  Sure hope you are planning to have 3 Pines video you!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Becky Wolfe

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »
Our school lost a good teacher to ALS.  So I am in for $25.00
Becky with Sonic, Nala, Herbie and Nitro
NM

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 07:12:41 AM »
OK, Tim......................I'm in.........................where do I send the check???

I'm in for $25................................and I know that ALL of Castle Camelot will help dump ice water all over me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do my best to get a video and post it to YouTube.com...........................

Now........................I'd like to challenge three good friends..........................my dear friends, Becky Woodruff......................Lisa Bonker...........................and Lin Battaglia...........................

Hugs & wags from Castle Camelot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh Al, my 'buddy"  !!!

I'm writing the check, but wil THINK about the ice water!!!!     (laughing)

Becky W.

Becky Woodruff

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 09:19:10 AM »
Thanks Sharon, LeeAnn and Becky for you donations.  Not sure of the total at this point but I will do the first challenge this weekend.  Video will be posted shortly after that I hope.  Work is getting in the way of things at the moment.  I was hoping to hit a lull before Champs instead of getting very busy.  Oh well I think I have a plan for the first dunk.  Let me know if anyone has suggestions for the Champ dunk.
Tim Spring

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »
Thanks Sharon, LeeAnn and Becky for you donations.  Not sure of the total at this point but I will do the first challenge this weekend.  Video will be posted shortly after that I hope.  Work is getting in the way of things at the moment.  I was hoping to hit a lull before Champs instead of getting very busy.  Oh well I think I have a plan for the first dunk.  Let me know if anyone has suggestions for the Champ dunk.
Tim,  My donation was for $25, so you can add that to your total.  I sure hope you get to $1000 or more!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 03:34:17 PM »
21 days till Pre-Champs, 24 days till Champs. $630 raised. That means the first dunk has been completed. $370 need for the dunk at Champs. Thanks to all that have donated so far. 37 people donating $10 gets the second dunk.
‪#‎ALS‬ ‪#‎ICEBUCKETCHALLENGE‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ktk7oz3Y0A&feature=youtu.be
Tim Spring

SpringCrew

• NADAC Addict
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
It is now official, I'm getting dunked at Champs.  My $1000 goal has been meet.  Know I just need to find an fitting way.  Thanks for all your support.

Tim
Tim Spring

Wild Terriers

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 04:21:22 AM »
I'm in for $50 - sorry it's late, but I'm in!!  See you soon my friend!!

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers