Author Topic: Allowing BIS to compete at trials  (Read 935 times)

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
Re: Allowing BIS to compete at trials
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »
Did I miss the final vote ?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 09:15:12 PM »
Final results of the vote  was 447 votes.     129 were a yes and 317 were a no.

We really appreciate everyone's feedback and will continue to monitor this topic.    If the general consensus on the matter seems to shift in the coming years we can always revisit the topic at that time.

Bostondirtdogs07

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 05:51:15 AM »
I've found this whole conversation very interesting....  the results were interesting as well.  I applaud Chris for even studying to subject.  The only real exception I take is regarding "if I'm keeping my bitch intact for breeding purposes than breeding is my priority".  I think it should be recognized that in the world these days there are other reasons for keeping our girls intact.  My girl will stay intact indefinitely per the recommendation of our sports medicine vet.  He has indicated that this is the most healthy choice for her performance career.  My vote was to allow BIS to compete, however, I will gladly sit out a couple of times a year to maintain health and optimal performance.  I know the current rules, it's a choice I've made, and I'm ok with that.  😊

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2018, 07:21:30 AM »
Same here Boston. No plans to breed but she will stay intact for now for health reasons. Too much information coming out now about the negative health impacts of spay/neuter. Itís not my FAVORITE thing to deal with (and girls arenít my favorite to live with anyway LOL) but have found it doable. And the boys survive too.
That said COMPLETELY understand people not wanting BIS at trials and agree that ďtraining through the problemĒ really isnít an option for a whole lot of people since itís not like setting up normal distractions...
Vicki
Vicki Storrs