Author Topic: Wheels for contacts  (Read 500 times)

judy beagle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Wheels for contacts
« on: December 02, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
A friend wants to put wheels on her A frame and Dog Walk. She would like the names and contact info of some good companies. If you have wheeled contacts, would you share where you purchased them and attach pictures?

Thanks in advance,
Judy Beagle in foggy Oregon

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Wheels for contacts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »
a long time ago I decided that my A-frame needed wheels and one agility club had tried 2 a-frames with wheels and neither worked that well.  I bought a Move It A-frame Mover and figured it would be far less expensive than spinal surgery <grin>.  I would recommend going with the stainless steel version.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

Deanna in OR

Re: Wheels for contacts
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:36:27 PM »
I agree that the Move-It is a good solution for the A-Frame.  We ordered a custom one to fit with our Agility-A-Go-Go AF (it has "feet" on the corners and we needed the forks on the Move-It to fit between them).  We got the stainless steel version, also (for rainy Oregon).   I can't pick up much weight but I can move our AF around with no problem with the Move-It.  It just takes 3 or 4 minutes to get the Move-It in place, and then one person can pull the AF to its new position.  We got it within 4 weeks of ordering it.

We got our dogwalk with wheels on it from Agilitek, near Monmouth, OR (Geary Cutting).  We are very happy with that solution--big balloon tires that move well on our soft cedar hogfuel surface, as well as on the grass.  The wheels are on casters--we turn them sideways and block them with wheel chucks.  I've attached a photo of the DW.  I was concerned that the DW would bounce with the fat tires but it really doesn't seem to at all.

Deanna Lyons
Willow and Bree, the agility Collies
Deanna L in OR
NATCH-4 Vers-NATCH-4 Willow
Bree, the agility collie in training (catching up!)