Author Topic: 2015 seminar schedule for Sharon  (Read 1719 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
2015 seminar schedule for Sharon
« on: November 13, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
Well, basically, I won't be doing any seminars in 2015.  I will be leaving home in April to go to Moab, Utah for April 10-19, doing a workshop April 14-16.  It is open only to 2015 seminar list members so you won't see any other "advertising" for it.  It is almost full if anyone is interested let me know, we could squeeze in 1-2 more and that is it.  The fee for the Moab workshop (focused on distance work for all levels) is $350 per person. 

The remainder of the year, I will be in Oregon.  I am available for workshops in Bend on a Tuesday-Thursday basis.  The fee is $1500 and that will be split amongst the number of people there.  If you have a group (no more than 6) or want to join another group to share fees, let me know.  If there are 3 people, the fee is $500 per person and if there are five there then the fee is $300 per person, if 6 attend then it is $250 per person!  If you want to share with a group, just let me know what size group you wish to be included in.  There is a beautiful RV park 2 miles away.  I will have a room available during the day with a refrigerator, freezer and microware available for campers.  There is no overnight parking or RV parking at my current facility.  People can stay all day, fix their own lunches, etc.  There is a pond and places to walk the dogs.  Working time will be 6 hours a day for three days.  Reservations will be taken for the last week of May to the week after Labor Day weekend. (May 26-September 10).  The price is much lower this year because I am at home and not leaving!

Reservations will be on a first come, first served basis, so if you have particular dates that work for you let me know.  We will have trials every other weekend and VT on the off weekends.  If you are an individual or small group, just let me know how many you want in your group (how many you want to share with!).

If you are looking for a great seminar closer to where you live, contact Amanda Nelson, as she will be doing lots of travel next year.  (nadacamanda@gmail.com)

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharonb

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: 2015 seminar schedule for Sharon
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
Darn wish I lived closer, it sounds great. :)
Sharon
Livingston Tx
Hope & Candy

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
I am sorry that several people have emailed wanting a spot to come to Bend because the price is so low.  But the reason that the price is so low is because I don't have travel costs and that I am limiting all camps to seminar list members only.  I thought I had that posted but it doesn't show on the general post.  The members of the seminar list have already paid to be a member of that list and they do get a credit for that if they choose to come to Oregon to come and play together!

I don't have "members price" and a "non-members price" and much of that is because when it is all members, we understand the terminology and all of the basics have been taught or are at least understood amongst those members.  (hopefully!)

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  For 2015, I am taking it easy and really trying to focus this year on giving those list members the maximum I can give!

Again, I can say that if you contact Amanda, she is willing to travel and she is awesome and can do anything I can!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:28:13 PM »
I will be leaving home in April to go to Moab, Utah for April 10-19, doing a workshop April 14-16.  It is open only to 2015 seminar list members so you won't see any other "advertising" for it.  It is almost full if anyone is interested let me know, we could squeeze in 1-2 more and that is it.  The fee for the Moab workshop (focused on distance work for all levels) is $350 per person. 

Sharon

The Moab seminar is full, thanks!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »
I have the following seminars in Bend with some openings.

May 26-28  Bonus work

June 16-18  Foundation and Novice work

June 30-July 2  Handling focus

July 21-23  Distance and bonus work

August 11-13  Novice and Open work

August 25-27  Distance and bonus work

Sept. 8-10  Champs prep work

We will also be having a "puppy" camp for youngsters under 1 year old.  Dates aren't set yet for that one.

There is one open week in July if anyone wants to create their own group or training focus group!

All other groups are full.

Sharon

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Donna Waugh

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:11:43 PM »
I have a candidate for puppy camp this coming year!!!!!!  I threw in a few extra exclamation marks for emphasis.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
I have the following seminars in Bend with some openings.

May 26-28  Bonus work

June 16-18  Foundation and Novice work

June 30-July 2  Handling focus

July 21-23  Distance and bonus work

August 11-13  Novice and Open work

August 25-27  Distance and bonus work

Sept. 8-10  Champs prep work

We will also be having a "puppy" camp for youngsters under 1 year old.  Dates aren't set yet for that one.

There is one open week in July if anyone wants to create their own group or training focus group!

All other groups are full.

Sharon

Feb update.  I had a cancellation for June 16-18, novice level camp, so there is an opening for that one.  I have one opening in the under 1 year puppy group, Jul 28-30.  I might have a spot in the distance group May 26-28.  The handling group on June 30-Jul 2 has more for two more.

For those that have signed up, let me know if you plan to dry camp during your stay.  We don't have hookups, but we can run hoses to fill everyone's tanks.

I also have two bedrooms that can be rented.  One has a private bathroom and one has a shared bathroom (with Donna Waugh!)  The rooms are booked for several of the date ranges so let me know asap if you need a room or if you are going to dry camp during your stay.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• Art and Dog Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
Hi Sharon,

Is there a Wait List for your Pre-Champs workshop Sept 8-10?  I'll be seeing you and getting your excellent feedback in Moah this spring (yey for me), but I just might be crazy enough to want to drive 1,100 + miles to Bend a few weeks before driving 900 miles to Springfield for Champs.   

Dev Sperber, Jake and Lil
Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »
Hi Sharon,

Is there a Wait List for your Pre-Champs workshop Sept 8-10?  I'll be seeing you and getting your excellent feedback in Moah this spring (yey for me), but I just might be crazy enough to want to drive 1,100 + miles to Bend a few weeks before driving 900 miles to Springfield for Champs.   

I have spaces in the champs prep group.  I don't expect it to fill since the Champs are towards the east and not very many westerners will be able to travel that far for champs. 

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• Art and Dog Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:30 AM »
Sharon, 

Can you put me down for 2 MAYBE spots for Pre-Champs?   I wish I could beam myself and my dogs over to Bend... but then again, if that was possible, your workshops would all be filled with other people and dogs who beamed in from across the globe and who knows.. .maybe even other galaxies.  :) 

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda