Author Topic: Course maps  (Read 1144 times)

Wiki Carter

Course maps
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:11:52 AM »
Thereís an interesting blog on Bad Dog Agility, Episode 87: Improving Your Course Memorization.
Iím wondering why NADAC does not provide course maps at trials.  Is it a clubís choice or a NADAC rule? I realize the best way to get a course in oneís head is to walk it, but I find it helpful to have a course map to study while Iím waiting to walk.  Also, itís nice to have a map to take home to share with my club or to set up sections at home that were problems when we ran at the trial. Just wondering if anyone else would like to see course maps posted at trials. 

Wiki Carter
and Quigley, the crazy red cattle dog

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Re: Course maps
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:34 AM »
Wiki,

It is up to the club to post maps. 

As stated in the Trial Chair/Secretary's Handbook:

NADAC is unique in its course design and philosophy.   Judges are to strive to adhere to the original course diagram and challenges as designed, but the course maps do not always exactly match what is laid out.  NADAC discourages disseminating course copies to exhibitors.  A copy of each course to be run on a given day may be posted at the trial site.

However, if the club offers day-of-entry, course maps shall not be posted.

Hope this helps.
Jeff L.

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »
If clubs allow day of trial entries they are not allowed to post course maps in advance as per NADAC - since so many clubs do offer day of show entries that may be why you are not seeing course maps

Maureen, Nika, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 06:43:31 AM »
Check out the Media tab and the VT Courses.  The two sets there are current courses for VT Runs.  Download them and you get a very nice collection over time to share with the club.

Or even check out the oldest one available when your club meets and see if you can set a course so folks run it before the meeting.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow