Author Topic: Best place to camp for April Fun-Raisers in Moab, UT  (Read 995 times)

tag team

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Best place to camp for April Fun-Raisers in Moab, UT
« on: March 04, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »
Since it is now March (yey), I am allowing myself to think about spring...which led me to look at my agility calendar... which led me to look in campgrounds for the Fun-Raisers and the workshop in-between in Moab, UT.

The Premium lists 3 RV campgrounds close to the Old Spanish Trail Arena Complex:

Spanish Trail RV Park
Moab KOA
OK RV Park and Canyonland Stables

Any opinions about any of the three campgrounds listed? 

Level RV sites could be a big plus if I have to drive back and forth to the Fun-Raiser daily unless my husband comes along and brings a car.  Not sure about that yet though.  No rush.. just fun to think about this trip that is happening in APRIL!  WHOO HOO! 

Dev Sperber, Jake and Lil

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Best place to camp for April Fun-Raisers in Moab, UT
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:43:11 PM »
Since it is now March (yey), I am allowing myself to think about spring...which led me to look at my agility calendar... which led me to look in campgrounds for the Fun-Raisers and the workshop in-between in Moab, UT.

The Premium lists 3 RV campgrounds close to the Old Spanish Trail Arena Complex:

Spanish Trail RV Park
Moab KOA
OK RV Park and Canyonland Stables

Any opinions about any of the three campgrounds listed? 

Level RV sites could be a big plus if I have to drive back and forth to the Fun-Raiser daily unless my husband comes along and brings a car.  Not sure about that yet though.  No rush.. just fun to think about this trip that is happening in APRIL!  WHOO HOO! 

Dev Sperber, Jake and Lil

If you can plug into 110 outlets then I would just stay at the arena itself........ there are plugins at the end of each barn......

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

tag team

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »
Perfect!!!  Thank you.

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
We always stay at the OK campground.  Full hookups, laundry services etc and walking distance to the barn.

Jeannie
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

MoabDiane

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »
Yes!  Also, there is a shower - marginal, but it does wash off the barn dirt (and oh, perhaps blowing sand, should there just HAPPEN to be any of that!)
There are hoses that you can fill a tank, but can't leave a hose hooked up.  Usually any overnight horse folks go to the far end of the stables, so you shouldn't be too close to them.

If you (or anyone else) wants slightly more amenities, the OK RV Park is truly within walking distance of the Arena.

And I'm not certain if the Spanish Trail park allows dogs now - they used to but I think stopped.
And KOA is expanding - I'm sure they'll be open, and they do list a "dog walk area" but I thought they either didn't allow dogs or had a one dog limit.
I can check if anyone is interested.

But the BIG parties will be at the Arena!

And for anyone else planning to RV here....the south Maverik gas station/convenience store now has a FREE dump for RVs!
(There is also a Maverik on the north side of town; the south one is at the first stoplight coming into town from the south; the dump is on the north side of the building.  Make sense?!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone here!
And of course, we'll be doing Dutch oven dinners/potlucks on Saturdays, both weekends!  (I'll do the DO; you bring something else!)
diane