Author Topic: Weavers schedule  (Read 1718 times)

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Weavers schedule
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
I find that most of the trials I attend schedule weavers near the end of the day on Sunday.    Since I have a 2 to 3 hour drive home from most of my trials, I try to leave on the early side on Sunday - perhaps after 4 classes.

Is there any reason why weavers appear on Sunday?

Isabel and Cocoa
Isabel and Cocoa

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Weavers schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
I find that most of the trials I attend schedule weavers near the end of the day on Sunday.    Since I have a 2 to 3 hour drive home from most of my trials, I try to leave on the early side on Sunday - perhaps after 4 classes.

Is there any reason why weavers appear on Sunday?

Isabel and Cocoa

That is a question between you and your local clubs.  The club chooses which classes run on which days and in what order.  You would have to ask them and give them feedback if you would have other preferences.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lin Battaglia

• Trial Secretary
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:44:10 PM »
Most of the time run order for classes are determined by the actual placement of the equipment in and out of an equipment trailer and movement of that equipment in and out of the ring. Also, because of what is most efficient for course building. There are lots of things to consider when hosting/running a trial. Weavers at the end of a day means the other big equipment has already been packed up into the trailer and then the least equipment is left to be put away at the end of a day. Stay a little longer and help. See it from the other side. Not everyone has an arena or place where equipment never leaves the premises. 

LinB
mdt-AA LLC   

Deni

• Judge
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »
We've done quite a few trials with Weavers as first class on Sat and even some as double classes on Sat at our trials in CA.  Our next trial in March weavers does happen to be towards the end on Sunday, but we do have several trials in the coming months with 2 Weavers classes on Saturday.  We actually try to change it up every few trials, so people have the opportunity to run the various classes at different times of the day and/or weekend.  Exhibitor feedback is always welcome!

I'm guessing you aren't close to CA, but if you're game for a road trip we have lots of fun!

MyAgilityDog.com   
Denise

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
As someone who hosts trials I can tell you that the event order is dictated by loading and unloading the trailer - I attend many of the same trials as you Isabel and at least for the NAE trials and my trials - Sunday is generally events with contacts first followed by events without contacts - we generally always end with tunnelers and usually weavers is just before that . It just makes sense from a clean up perspective. (which is a daunting task and does not include just equipment but ring fencing, tents and other things)

As someone who also drives upwards of 3 hours home from these trials and who always stays to help pack the trailer at the end of the trial -  I can also tell you that it is easier to pack up this way when everyone else who comes bugs out and goes home early.
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:00:25 AM »
I have the same kind of problem, except with Tunnelers. I seldom can trial on Sundays and Tunnelers in our area is usually a Sunday only class. I have mentioned in (polite, because I completely understand their logic for doing so) notes to local secretaries how wonderful it would be to have an occasional Saturday opportunity, with polite responses as to why they can't. 😊  so I am Very Grateful for the occasional exception to the norm (Thank You Periland Agility and BAD games trials!!!) or my boys and I would never get to run Tunnelers (a class Jack the Scottie only learned to love after Sharon ran him and showed him how!)
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

MoabDiane

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 08:27:53 PM »
And I've had the same "problem" (oh, the world is full of them!) with having Jumpers last.  Usually the easiest things to load up.
But at the end of a long weekend, especially if it's hot, I'd sure like Jumpers earlier!

I think this just proves that (most) clubs do what they have to do, and can do, and they can't always please everyone all the time!

diane