Author Topic: Height card question  (Read 1492 times)

chrystalecco

Height card question
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
I have a dog that jumps 16" normally, but I have not gotten her a permanent height card yet. She will be in the vet class soon, do I need to get her a permanent height card still? She will be competing at champs this year too. Thank you all in advance.
Chrystal Beck & The Aussie Pack

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Re: Height card question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
Does she jump 16" in Proficient or Skilled? 
Skilled dogs do not need measurement, so if entered in skilled, you would not need a PHC.

Jeff L.

tedenp@me.com

New Height Measurement Question
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »
I registered my new dog at a height that put her in the 20+" category.  She has now had two 'official' measurements with judges from a different venue which confirm her to be 19.5" (she is 2 yrs old now) --- which is the 20" category.  I prefer that she jump at 16" so I register her for trials in the Skilled category.  My questions are:  is it important to correct her records so that she is listed in the 20" height category, when both 20" and 20+" are merged in Skilled?  And if the records should be updated, how is that done?

Thanks for your advice
Pat Teden

Joyce Roessner

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 05:29:29 PM »
Pat, when you say you registered her at 20+, do you mean when you got her NADAC #?  If she is running 16" Skilled, then she will be listed at that when she earns points.  So I don't believe you need to correct anything. 
Joyce Roessner
Calgary, Alberta

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
Re: New Height Measurement Question
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
I registered my new dog at a height that put her in the 20+" category.  She has now had two 'official' measurements with judges from a different venue which confirm her to be 19.5" (she is 2 yrs old now) --- which is the 20" category.  I prefer that she jump at 16" so I register her for trials in the Skilled category.  My questions are:  is it important to correct her records so that she is listed in the 20" height category, when both 20" and 20+" are merged in Skilled?  And if the records should be updated, how is that done?

The only way I can see that this would matter is if your dog is an All American -- and then the only reason it "matters" is for the top 10 by breed listing that gets published each year. There is a listing for 20" All Americans and 20"+ All Americans. Your dog is placed in the category into which they measure, not the height they jump. If your dog is an actual breed, though, then it doesn't matter.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »
It would also matter EGC  b/c she would be scored with the 20+ dogs and not the 20 dogs

Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:21 AM »
It would also matter EGC  b/c she would be scored with the 20+ dogs and not the 20 dogs

For EGC, there is no 20+ grouping.... only 8,12,16 and 20.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

tedenp@me.com

Re: New Height Measurement Question
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

The only way I can see that this would matter is if your dog is an All American -- and then the only reason it "matters" is for the top 10 by breed listing that gets published each year. There is a listing for 20" All Americans and 20"+ All Americans. Your dog is placed in the category into which they measure, not the height they jump. If your dog is an actual breed, though, then it doesn't matter.

Maeby is an All American so perhaps it is best to correct the height category.  How is that done?  Apologies that my own measurement which I used when registering Maeby was wrong and is creating this issue!

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
good to know - thanks for clarifying Sharon :)
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"