Author Topic: Moab Fun-Raisers April 10-12 & 17-19 INFO  (Read 425 times)

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Moab Fun-Raisers April 10-12 & 17-19 INFO
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:15:20 PM »
Several items regarding these trials!

1) The Humane Society of Moab Valley will be holding a raffle on Saturday, April 18th, probably from around 10 a.m. until noon.
Be sure to bring some cash (or checks) for a variety of fun dog-related and other items (including two $20 Starbucks cards), and support
our local animal friends.

2) The Youth Garden Project, another great local non-profit which you can read more about here (http://www.youthgardenproject.org/), is holding an online auction.
It begins on April 1, and ends on April 8th at 9 p.m.  There are over 300 items you can bid on, from most of the restaurants in town, to items from the Moab Barkery, and lots and lots of other great STUFF!  YGP assures me that people can pick up their gift certifications starting on April 9th, 10 a.m. (with contact ahead of time...I can help with that!).  So, if you are here for the seminar and/or the second weekend trial, look at the amazing choices and put your bids in!  I might even be able to help with "last minute" bidding, if you are device-less when you are here. 

https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/auctionhome.action?auctionId=228876576

3) and 4)  I will be cooking up something (TBD) in Dutch ovens on Saturday of both weekends.  We'll eat at the Arena as soon as the trial is over or whenever the food is ready!  We often do finish early, so it might be an hour or so afterwards. I'll supply a main dish (and if it's a meat dish, another veggie dish); you are invited to bring something - anything! - else.  I'll have some plates, etc., but if you have your own, feel free to bring that too.  I'll have a sign-up sheet at the trials, mostly so I have an idea of how many folks might come; if you have something special you're bringing, you can add that to the list - or just surprise us!  Town will be a bit nuts on spring weekends, so this is a nice way to enjoy a meal with agility friends, and not have to wait hours at a restaurant.

So, with all these great incentives, how can you NOT come to Moab??  Hope to see lots of you here.
(and if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me, and I'll try to answer 'em!)

Diane, Bracken and Teasel

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Moab Fun-Raisers April 10-12 & 17-19 INFO
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »
Diane, that is awesome!

I hope everyone comes to Moab, we are going to have so much fun!  This is my only "away" trip this year, so I hope to see everyone come and visit and just have fun playing with dogs and having dinner together on each Saturday!

I really want to support the Moab Humane Society, as they and Diane are the ones that worked so hard to save Hutch and get him to me.  I am still up in the air as to whether or not Hutch will be able to make the trip, I am hoping he can ride along and visit his home town, only this time "with" people!

Great online auction and a great way to enjoy Moab even more!  Lots of great stuff!

I hope to see everyone there, I will be eager to visit with everyone!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 04:41:13 AM »
Diane, it sounds just great!  We can't wait!  We haven't been there in a few years but all 3 of us are coming this year.  And Ryder is only 2 Chances runs away from NATCH 3.  What fun it would be to get it in Moab!  Your Dutch oven meals are always so-o-o-o-o-o  good.  And it's only 2 weeks away!  2 weeks from tonight we'll be in Casper, WY, nearly to Moab.  Should I bring shorts or long underwear???   ;D

Waiting "patiently" to pack and leave, Shirley, Whisk & Ryder
Shirley Wallace

MoabDiane

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
Thanks, Sharon.

We would LOVE to see Hutch!  But only if he'd like to maybe possibly think about hesitantly seeing us.  If not, we're good knowing he is in a GOOD and HAPPY place there.

And oh, if "everyone" comes....we'll likely have a lodging/RV problem!  LOL!  But hope lots of folks will come play with us.

diane

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:50:23 AM »
Thanks, Sharon.

We would LOVE to see Hutch!  But only if he'd like to maybe possibly think about hesitantly seeing us.  If not, we're good knowing he is in a GOOD and HAPPY place there.

And oh, if "everyone" comes....we'll likely have a lodging/RV problem!  LOL!  But hope lots of folks will come play with us.

diane

Hutch is at an odd stage.......... don't know if it is more stressful to leave him behind and have someone else take care of him, or bring him with me and have him stress over new places!  I will drive him around for a week and make a decision!  He won't be coming out and saying hi to people, but I hopefully can keep him happy!

We might have a small party in Moab, but it will be a FUN party!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:51:56 AM »
Diane, it sounds just great!  We can't wait!  We haven't been there in a few years but all 3 of us are coming this year.  And Ryder is only 2 Chances runs away from NATCH 3.  What fun it would be to get it in Moab!  Your Dutch oven meals are always so-o-o-o-o-o  good.  And it's only 2 weeks away!  2 weeks from tonight we'll be in Casper, WY, nearly to Moab.  Should I bring shorts or long underwear???   ;D

Waiting "patiently" to pack and leave, Shirley, Whisk & Ryder

I can't wait Shirley!  I am almost packed, I couldn't wait!  Knowing Moab, I would bring both shorts AND long underwear!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

MoabDiane

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 07:22:04 PM »
OK, just to keep this on top of this category.... ;)

Yes, definitely shorts and long johns!  Ya just never know.

And oh, I forgot to mention, one more little incentive to come:  the snack table will have various things, including a BUNCH of Girl Scout cookies of various flavors!

diane

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:22 PM »
Sounds awesome...wish I could be there
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:27 AM »
We wish you could be too, Shirlene!  I sure enjoyed the last time you were in Moab.  I still smile and think of you when I look at weave poles....  ;D

Diane, if I can get in gear and have time, I'll make my chocolate chip cookies & bring them along for the snack table too.
Shirley, Whisk & Ryder
Shirley Wallace

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »
We will miss you Shirlene!!  Definitely going to be a fun time, looking forward to seeing everyone.  The wind in Montana on Saturday gave us some practice in being sand-blasted, so we are READY for Moab!!  ;D
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana