Author Topic: Elicia Calhoun's Lost Agility Dogs  (Read 2284 times)

Menmy3dogs

Elicia Calhoun's Lost Agility Dogs
« on: June 11, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
Hey folks, if you can help in any way it would be appreciated! There is a Facebook group "Help Elicia find her dogs!"

Elicia Calhoun was involved in a terrible accident in Arizona today. Two of her dogs are missing in the desert. Three are in the hospital. Unfortunately, I heard that one died on impact. I don't know who that is. Please, if you are anywhere near, please help Elicia find her dogs.

Two of her dogs are missing near Mile Marker 351 off the I-10 near Wilcox, Arizona. Please, keep an eye out for these poor dogs! Toby is a red/white border collie and Nika is a Merle-colored Aussie with only one eye and a tail.

She has limited cell power, But Carol McLaughlin has numbers of a few people who can contact her. Anyone can call me Carol at 714-875-2069 and she can get info forwarded. Elicia has checked herself out of the hospital to search for her dogs.

[img]Hey folks, if you can help in any way it would be appreciated! There is a Facebook group "Help Elicia find her dogs!"

Elicia Calhoun was involved in a terrible accident in Arizona today. Two of her dogs are missing in the desert. Three are in the hospital. Unfortunately, I heard that one died on impact. I don't know who that is. Please, if you are anywhere near, please help Elicia find her dogs.

Two of her dogs are missing near Mile Marker 351 off the I-10 near Wilcox, Arizona. Please, keep an eye out for these poor dogs! Toby is a red/white border collie and Nika is a Merle-colored Aussie with only one eye and a tail.

She has limited cell power, But Carol McLaughlin has numbers of a few people who can contact her. Anyone can call me Carol at 714-875-2069 and she can get info forwarded. Elicia has checked herself out of the hospital to search for her dogs.
[img]Hey folks, if you can help in any way it would be appreciated! There is a Facebook group "Help Elicia find her dogs!"

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.124.403.403/p403x403/575094_2240612952067_177267745_n.jpg

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Elicia Calhoun's Lost Agility Dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
Nika has been found dead, hit by car.  Still loooking for Toby.. I hope they find him soon...

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jackie Brasen

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
Nika has been found dead, hit by car.  Still loooking for Toby.. I hope they find him soon...

Thank you Sharon. Tobie is a girl (that was previously misreported, the name is tricking folks) she is a red and white border collie. They believe she is still in the area going between the two accident sites and that she may be injured. We are praying and sending all positive energy that she will be found very soon!

As for Nika, for those blessed to have crossed her path, the world is a dimmer place tonight. Nika, the pirate dog, a beautiful little blue merle fluffy tailed one eyed aussie was an incredibly gifted agility champion. She traveled the world teaching all that you never give up and there are no limitations for a body to achieve greatness. She was an amazing special dog with an impossibly joyful spirit. You could not help but be happy in her presence. She was the sweetest of souls, I will never forget her.
mom to the TN Shedding Wonders

AmberAbbott

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:40:59 AM »
For those not on FB. There is still a mini-search party out. Four people and Elicia's dog BreaSea are near the crash site and where Nika was found. The dog community is AMAZING! So many resources have been put into play, including air support starting first thing in the morn. We also have a military man working RIGHT NOW on heat censored satellites. It's amazing. He has located the party, tells me when he finds cows and spotted an inactive crew of coyotes about 2 miles south that he will keep an eye on. Hoping I will bring you all better news soon, so we can all wake up happier. The FB site is HUGE with members and the amount raised on PayPal is over $15000. That will be a big help for Elicia and a little relief when reality hits. She will need lots of support in the weeks/months to come. If anyone needs anything, feel free to call me or Sue Fain in Tucson. Elicia's phone should really only be used for immediate info.

There have been some news stories and articles put out. The news story is super sad, shows a picture of the vehicle. Another reminder to not drive sleepy. She was on her way home from an agility show.

Positive thoughts and prayers!

Amber

Menmy3dogs

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:45:27 AM »
Elicia wrote,
Toby has been spotted moving away from the crash site she's letting somewhat north but we can't tell if it's Wester east towards title so anyone who knows any of the ranchers north of I 10 please get them on the lookout for the dog going in with the cows.
PLease keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »
Tobie is with people, alive and safe!! No details yet, but they have her.  Go to FB "Help Elicia Find Her Dogs" for more details.
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Menmy3dogs

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:02 AM »
Toby has been found and she is alive!

moreneb

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 09:49:55 AM »
Just heard they found Toby.  Alive.  He's been taken to vet to be checked and he's doing ok.

Morene
Morene

Team Twodog

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
Tobie has been found, safe and sound. Here is a picture that will bring joy to all those who spent the night worrying:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PetsWeekly/53486083507
Kim

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
This the link to the fundraiser for Elicia's recovery expenses. Sorry if you have to cut and paste.

Murrelet

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/bK4Ab
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large