Author Topic: NADAC VT program  (Read 3359 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
NADAC VT program
« on: July 02, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »
I am so pleased with the NADAC Video Tape program!  Since starting on November 1, 2011 we have approved 7,575 video taped runs! 

I love watching the videos!  The courses are set wonderfully and set with great care to be correct.  The people follow the rules exactly as a weekend club hosted trial and they make sure that dogs are under control and perform correctly before submitting the video runs.

Since I don't get to as many trials as I used to in the past, I can sit on my computer and watch many great teams run and display awesome handling and dog performance skills.  I do get to see many people that I know and it is a great way for me to connect to those people even if I can't in person.  To see them on the screen and the happy dogs and smiling handlers at the end of the run is like being at a trial and watching them in person!

I am so impressed with the handling shown on the videos and in many cases the continued improvement with the dogs from month to month.  Very special to watch!

Thank you, VT teams for giving me that wonderful opportunity to see you "live" and see your support in NADAC and the goals of having fun with your dogs!

Good luck to all and many continued successful runs!!

Sharon Nelson
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: NADAC VT program
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
I love the VT program, especially for classes like Hoopers which is not often offered at traditional trials.  I usually get together with other handlers who have been in my classes and we all have a lot of fun.  Thank you for starting and continuing this program.
Linda Anderson
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Karin

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:17:38 PM »
Sharon,
I love the VT program also. We can't make it to as many trials as we used to, so this gives us the opportunity to play, with fewer runs than at a trial, but Jack is getting older, so that suits him just fine. So thank you for providing us with this option.
Karin Moll

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »
I love the VT program, especially for classes like Hoopers which is not often offered at traditional trials.  I usually get together with other handlers who have been in my classes and we all have a lot of fun.  Thank you for starting and continuing this program.
Linda Anderson

Love watching their runs!!

A way for the east and west to see each other with their dogs!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:53:16 PM »
Sharon,
I love the VT program also. We can't make it to as many trials as we used to, so this gives us the opportunity to play, with fewer runs than at a trial, but Jack is getting older, so that suits him just fine. So thank you for providing us with this option.
Karin Moll

It is great to still be able to watch Jack!!  I don't get to see him at trials anymore!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

jrtsdoitall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »
LOVE the VT program! Thank you for having it!!

It is FABULOUS to be able to go back out and train on the course after the fact.
It is AWESOME to have more chances to compete with less runs per day with those who struggle to physically/mentally handle all the runs all weekend at a trial.

We LOVE our local trials but a full load on a weekend is more than I let 13 year old Zak do now (don't want him exhausted or sore).  VT is letting us compete a bit more often and still have a fresh unsore older guy playing the game he LOVES!!!  Zak gives the VT developers a BIG wiggle butt (and that is a BIG complement from a standoffish JRT!)

Then there's REO, just 7 years old but some environmental sensitivities. Again we go play at our local trials and supplement with some VT trials where he's a bit more relaxed and thus confident so I can help him see he CAN do!  Then we take that built up confidence back to local trials!
Laura Breckheimer (MN)
and the K9 Kids (Zak, REO, and Tommie)

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 08:20:37 AM »
Sharon,  You are the one who deserves the thanks from all of us for developing this great program.  I have only done a few VT runs, but plan to do more when the weather cools off a bit.  (Very hot in Central Alabama right now.)  Kane is getting older and can't do as many runs as he used to so he really likes doing one or two runs, like Chances, Weavers and Hoopers, and then playing with his ball.  VT has been great for us.  We love it!!

Sara Langston and NATCH3  V-NATCH Bridge Creek's Raisin' Kane
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
Blaze, Rocket & Dancer

At The Bridge:  NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane & Mac

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
Thank YOU! The biggest benefit from the VT program might be the one you don't see. AFTER we video, anyone who comes here to play gets to play again for training. Our group is growing and so is the confidence among our VT gang members.

Chris in MN
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:36 PM »
LOVE the VT program! Thank you for having it!!

It is FABULOUS to be able to go back out and train on the course after the fact.
It is AWESOME to have more chances to compete with less runs per day with those who struggle to physically/mentally handle all the runs all weekend at a trial.

We LOVE our local trials but a full load on a weekend is more than I let 13 year old Zak do now (don't want him exhausted or sore).  VT is letting us compete a bit more often and still have a fresh unsore older guy playing the game he LOVES!!!  Zak gives the VT developers a BIG wiggle butt (and that is a BIG complement from a standoffish JRT!)

Then there's REO, just 7 years old but some environmental sensitivities. Again we go play at our local trials and supplement with some VT trials where he's a bit more relaxed and thus confident so I can help him see he CAN do!  Then we take that built up confidence back to local trials!

And those are some of the reasons that we wanted to start the VT program!  Great use of the program!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
Sharon,  You are the one who deserves the thanks from all of us for developing this great program.  I have only done a few VT runs, but plan to do more when the weather cools off a bit.  (Very hot in Central Alabama right now.)  Kane is getting older and can't do as many runs as he used to so he really likes doing one or two runs, like Chances, Weavers and Hoopers, and then playing with his ball.  VT has been great for us.  We love it!!

Sara Langston and NATCH3  V-NATCH Bridge Creek's Raisin' Kane

Perfect!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »
Thank YOU! The biggest benefit from the VT program might be the one you don't see. AFTER we video, anyone who comes here to play gets to play again for training. Our group is growing and so is the confidence among our VT gang members.

Chris in MN

I like that, Chris!  The "VT gang members"......... sounds cool!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

ricbonner

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
I like getting to build NADAC courses.  Of course we can always do that.  But setting courses well enough to be approved in VTs makes all the difference in my opinion.  It has helped me develop course building skills.  I learn a lot by helping out the judges, but building VT courses (without a judge around) and trying to match the distances and angles on paper has been fun and its helped me a lot.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 10:53:38 PM »
I like getting to build NADAC courses.  Of course we can always do that.  But setting courses well enough to be approved in VTs makes all the difference in my opinion.  It has helped me develop course building skills.  I learn a lot by helping out the judges, but building VT courses (without a judge around) and trying to match the distances and angles on paper has been fun and its helped me a lot.

Excellent input, Ric!  And your course building skills are right on!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

RobertStewart

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 07:38:29 PM »
The VT program has been a godsend to our club and our students. Being able to run Intro, has really given HUGE boosts of confidence in many of our more novice students, many of whom don't feel comfortable going to a trial Yet, in a VT session, they get a trial like environment. So many students have gone on to competition at trials where in the past, they would likely have never trialled at all!
Plus, it fun for them when one of my runs goes south, they get to see how to use a "training in the ring" situation appropriately.
It's also personally been great for me with my old dog Ellie who can no longer see in the dim lighting of arenas, but can see okay in the early morning or late evening when the sun isn't so bring.
This program was a stroke of brilliance, as much of what you do is Sharon. You continue to be one of the primary innovators in agility, yet, you are rarely credited enough!
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-3 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, OAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-4  MACH Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  Q

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »
The VT program has been a godsend to our club and our students. Being able to run Intro, has really given HUGE boosts of confidence in many of our more novice students, many of whom don't feel comfortable going to a trial Yet, in a VT session, they get a trial like environment. So many students have gone on to competition at trials where in the past, they would likely have never trialled at all!
Plus, it fun for them when one of my runs goes south, they get to see how to use a "training in the ring" situation appropriately.
It's also personally been great for me with my old dog Ellie who can no longer see in the dim lighting of arenas, but can see okay in the early morning or late evening when the sun isn't so bring.
This program was a stroke of brilliance, as much of what you do is Sharon. You continue to be one of the primary innovators in agility, yet, you are rarely credited enough!

You have a great group that comes and enjoys their dogs in your VT runs!  Great fun to watch!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility